• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Sokolo garlic sausage

Steve Brand

Bought a pack of this garlic sausage looks and smells the part for fishing for barbel, looked online and Morrisons list It at £1.67 for a 400g pack got to be serious contender against the ever popular garlic spam.
Apparently they do a stronger version but I have to say the standard stuff smells more of garlic than the tinned garlic spam stuff:)
Nice firm texture as well Ideal for hair rigging or even straight on the hook In the right circumstances.

Steve does that come in a sausage shape?

John, i'm no Einstein, but sausage DOES normally come in a sausage shape. :D:D:D

SOK00DF03-2_1.jpg

sokolow%202.jpg

sokolow%204.jpg

:):):)

Fat sausage

Yes a fat sausage shape big enough to punch out tear or cut a decent size hookbait much like a tin of meat, not a skinny hotdog sausage :p
Nothing like the example shown In Dereks post same manufacturer different sausage altogether!!!!

Garlic sausage Its the future!!!!!

Thank you Steve i will check that out and give it a try.......It could be the future..

Nice one Derek:D

No reason for it not to catch fish. Brought some garlic sausage back from Krakow for personal consumption a couple of years ago, used some for hook bait and caught one or two. Also caught a few on Mmmmathesons smoked + Garlic sausage (sort of horseshoe shaped one) several years before that too.

Stephen

No reason for it not to catch fish. Brought some garlic sausage back from Krakow for personal consumption a couple of years ago, used some for hook bait and caught one or two. Also caught a few on Mmmmathesons smoked + Garlic sausage (sort of horseshoe shaped one) several years before that too.

Stephen

Good, because wife failed on her mission to get the Sokolow, but brought back the Matteson's :) Thinking back my first ever Barbel was caught on a similar sausage.

If someone reports you for allowing your dog to leave a sausage on the pavement they may send a van round :p

Cheers, Dave.
Just feed the dog a garlic supplement and you could kill two birds with one stone:p
By the way I was under the impression you could just pop Into you local Morrisons and purchase a sausage thus negating the £40 minimum order suggested .
Maybe they dont have a Morrisons In Chesham or Tewksebury we have loads In Yorkshire ;)

Other retail outlets that sell Polish sausages are available.

According to their website, Sainsburys are also stockists of this product although a bit dearer than Morrisons, if that's of any help to someone in a Morrisons free zone.

Pete.

Just feed the dog a garlic supplement and you could kill two birds with one stone:p
By the way I was under the impression you could just pop Into you local Morrisons and purchase a sausage thus negating the £40 minimum order suggested .
Maybe they dont have a Morrisons In Chesham or Tewksebury we have loads In Yorkshire ;)

Other retail outlets that sell Polish sausages are available.

Well the bargain basement supermarket chains know what a cheapskate lot you Yorkshiremen are, so you are bound to have Morrisons up there. Wees darn ere are civilised, speak propa like, so WE haves Waitrose and M & S :D:D:D

And we dunt kill birds neva.

Cheers, Dave.

Well the bargain basement supermarket chains know what a cheapskate lot you Yorkshiremen are, so you are bound to have Morrisons up there. Wees darn ere are civilised, speak propa like, so WE haves Waitrose and M & S :D:D:D

Cheers, Dave.

Dave, are you having a giraffe :eek:, Morrison,s cheap, they'd put M & S to shame. They have the odd cheap line to get you in their stores, then rip you to bits on all the other items you buy.

Cheers, Dave.

Up theer if you must Dave :rolleyes: ;)

Cheapo super markets

Dave, are you having a giraffe :eek:, Morrison,s cheap, they'd put M & S to shame. They have the odd cheap line to get you in their stores, then rip you to bits on all the other items you buy.

Yeah we have a Waitrose I bet just like yours there best seller Is there shopping bags I see It all the time all the ten bob millionaires loading there Lidl or Aldi shopping into the car In there Waitrose or M and S bags:) so there neighbours dont think there common cheapskates ;)

Back