• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Hook Bait Company

Roger Farrow

I know Darren at the Hook Bait Company generally has a good reputation here but is anybody else having trouble with an order?

I know Darren at the Hook Bait Company generally has a good reputation here but is anybody else having trouble with an order?

Hi Roger
Your order had been sent out to you unfortunately we have been experiencing a bit of difficulty with our courier apc its not a regular thing but they have lost or misplaced a few items lately, your bait package is being sent out again on monday, I can only apologise for your delay but feel free to contact us direct about any concerns
Hope this is satisfactory
Jez

Thanks Jerry, I had sent a second email yesterday & Darren replied at about the same time I posted here. Hopefully everything will be OK this time.

I had trouble with an order but Darren sorted it very quickly.

If you contact him he is very good.

By the sounds of it he needs to change his courier.

Been waiting a long time for mine !

If you contact darren mate he will sort it for you as I said in my other post he has been having problems with apc, he was/is looking into a new courior. I'll speak with him myself as well nowand get back to you.

Jez

I should have read this thread before ordering.

Nearly three weeks since my order and I'm still none the wiser when it will turn up. Apparently I should have received it by the middle of last week. Emails not responded to so I've now got to go through PayPal and open a dispute.

If it doesn't turn up by Friday morning that's my weekend in a cottage on the lower Severn spoilt. I'll have to fork out even more time and money and get myself alternative baits. Maybe they should be honest about their capability of delivering orders in a decent time as I'll certainly not be ordering again.

Very frustrating...

Email now received,should get the order tomorrow apparently, so we will see...

And it was....shame the delivery time was an eternity as had my first barbel of the season on the spicy meat glugged boilies

Last edited:
I wished I should have taken note of the phrase 'once bitten twice shy'

Again, problems, a month without any sign of the order poor response from emails.

Still none the wiser when the order will turn up.

I wished I should have taken note of the phrase 'once bitten twice shy'

Again, problems, a month without any sign of the order poor response from emails.

Still none the wiser when the order will turn up.

Make your own Mick, never a problem then, and more fun.

Probably right Steve,to be fair a lump of spam being the most productive for me anyway.

Still radio silence, I want a refund now and get on with my fishing.

Probably right Steve,to be fair a lump of spam being the most productive for me anyway.

Still radio silence, I want a refund now and get on with my fishing.

I'm no longer with hbc but i trust this has been sorted, i still speak to darren regularly so give me a shout if not and I'll speak to him see if it can get sorted

jez

Darren messaged me yesterday and he was due out of hospital on the 3rd of Nov I believe. So please be a little more patient waiting for replies or order deliveries. I am sure you will understand.

I have been waiting since 14th December for my Big Cheese order. I have got in touch three times but still not had it. I wonder if anybody else is having doubts about this companies reliability. Season will be over soon so I am a little xx ised off.

I have been waiting since 14th December for my Big Cheese order. I have got in touch three times but still not had it. I wonder if anybody else is having doubts about this companies reliability. Season will be over soon so I am a little xx ised off.
I placed an order last year and waited for about a month? Contacted Darren three or four times before I received my order. I think Darren is having some health issue recently?

New bait company from Tackleuk, ( Munch Baits ) maybe worth a look.

I just heard that one of their main man passed away, and Darren got covid again, must be a difficult time for them.

New bait company from Tackleuk, ( Munch Baits ) maybe worth a look.

Been using Munch baits boilies for carp for a couple of seasons, good product at reasonable price. Last time on Trent I caught well on their bio marine but to be fair the fish were having it.

Back