• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Muc boots or skeetex

Muck boots all the way, much easier to walk in and more comfortable

I'll second that. I have the muck master muckboots and I had sketex before. The muck boot grip is far better on the muck master in particular and if need be I can still wear thick socks in winter. Well worth the £85 I played.

Dave

Are the muck boots still warm the grip on skeeter in wet muddy condition has landed me on my ass on more than one occasion so edging towards others

I have the Tay sports , like wearing slippers , lovely and warm , can be rolled down in the warmer months and a great grip too.

Are the muck boots still warm the grip on skeeter in wet muddy condition has landed me on my ass on more than one occasion so edging towards others

That's one reason why I ditched the sketex. They are still warm Justin but you could go for the arctic sport for an extra £10 but they would be far too warm in summer, whereas I can add thick socks to mine for really cold weather.

Dave

Cheers Dave I'm sure a warm pair socks will be fine have ordered a pair just need the time to go and try them out that's always the hard part
Justin

Back