• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum Folding Spoon Net?

John Cook

Hi All,

Any users out there using the above landing net head? Question do you think that this net is deep enough to rest barbel in? Also what are your thoughts on the quality of the net?

Take it easy....:)

Hi John,

I have just bought the 30in version & I have no complaints, way deep enough to rest fish in & very strong. Highly recommended.

I opted for the 30 inch. Haven't managed to break it yet, and I'm usually unlucky with tackle mishaps. The stitching on the bag gives up the ghost quite quickly, but that's easily sorted. Usually choose to use it when a hikes involved as prefer the Greys rigid spoon when nearer the car.

Thanks for the info lads think that i will go for one of these...I hear that it dries pretty quick as well which is a bonus ( Thats if i ever wet it)

Or get the wife to do a bit or re sowing....

As an alternative, John, I have a Wychwood folding net - sturdy, deep mesh and quick drying. It also has a magnet, if you're roving and don't want the break down the net.

Just a thought...... :)

I have never been a fan of the triangular nets and have always gone for the wide mesh spoon nets but the folding spoons would make roving easier as there is less chance of the mesh getting caught up in the undergrowth, certainly on the banks of the nidd where i fish anyhow ☺

Dave

I have the Wychwood folding spoon (larger salmon one), the mesh depth is a little shallower than I would like but I haven't had any issues with Barbel up to 13lb in it with regards to resting, use it for everything other than pike and carp.

Another niggle is the pin has a tendency to fall out over time if not checked repeatedly (did this to me in the fishery car park and the net exploded due to the internal spring (which I nearly lost), but all I had to do is replace it with a M6 (est) Bolt and self locking nylon insert nut, now its invincible.

There really is nothing better for a mobile angler than a net on the back (bungie cord on handle up to and over the swing mechanism), you can cast and retrieve freely allowing you to be fully mobile (for rolling there is nothing better, walking around holding a landing net is the most frustrating thing!

wychwood-rover-net.jpg

Well i purchased the korum folding 30 inch net it looks ok though could be a bit deeper i suppose, hopefully be trying it out for the first time at the weekend, it folds up to a funny old shape for storing though doesnt it? Boomerang or cow horns:):)

Well i purchased the korum folding 30 inch net it looks ok though could be a bit deeper i suppose, hopefully be trying it out for the first time at the weekend, it folds up to a funny old shape for storing though doesnt it? Boomerang or cow horns:):)

I found it a bit of a pain to carry untill I started to put it between my chair legs when folded down. I've had mine two seasons and haven't had any problems with it.

Back