• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Finding em

Chris Thomson

Is there a banker spot in normal winter flow to find em? Is the deeper water theory true or not whats your angle before you dangle?

Deeper water has usually been the better option for me over the years and away from the faster part of the river. A near bank slack close to cover is my favourite winter spot. Garlic spam or lobbies.

I agree with Joe I have had countless fish fishing just behind the crease.if they are not there it's hard luck you are having
Albert

Barbel, during the winter nearly always go to the same swims year on year,find those reliable winter swims and reap the rewards.Usually swims with a steady flow near to snags and creases like others say. Sometimes they pick the most plain looking of areas,rove the water and note where you get bites and then concentrate on those areas,natural baits really work when its cold.

Back