• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Active Bait Solutions?

John Cook

Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone is using Active Bait Solutions boilies or rolling one of their base mixes plus liquid package for their barbel fishing???

Hi men,

Not used it myself, but I'm very tempted as someone I know used a couple of the baits , and is on an enzyme mix , he rates it , and the bloke running it knows his stuff. Lots there for barbel anglers !.

Hatter

ABS is run by Geoff Bowers, who many years ago was the founding members of Premier Baits in 1983. There was a time in the Colne valley when virtually every carp angler had heard of Premier baits (Geoff being the producer of the first fishmeal baits) and a huge number of them were using one or another of his baits, with fishmeals such as the Aminos, Supermarinos and the Matrix being very popular.

Geoff broke away from Premier quite some years ago, and eventually formed ABS in 2003. As he was the main brains, the guru if you like of the Premier mixes, his current baits have a good pedigree, and they all work. Geoffs main problem was that he wasn't the best business man in the world...he hated answering phones just for starters :D However, I think his team have it sorted now...good baits and no hassle.

Cheers, Dave.

Yes Geoff was the brains behind Premier Baits and he knows his stuff regarding baits....Think i will have a bash with some base mix and the liquid package that goes with it......Any thoughts for something to use for the cold water conditions?

Davids post tells you everything you need to know - nobody has a better pedigree than Geoff Bowers when it comes to HNV/fishmeal bait.

(In my top 3, along with trent baits and pete regan!)

Yes Geoff was the brains behind Premier Baits and he knows his stuff regarding baits....Think i will have a bash with some base mix and the liquid package that goes with it......Any thoughts for something to use for the cold water conditions?

Frankfurter malarkie or the spicy enzyme mix

Nice Call Chris , have you had any joy yourself on these two baits? PM if preferred.

Active Baits

There website shows that the least amount on a single order is 5kilos,the only fault with that is 5kilo is a lot of bait to buy if it doesn't work i would have liked to buy a kilo of 2 different flavours but it doesn't seem your able to do that unless somebody else knows anything different.

Yes it seems like you are correct in what you say Steve and yes it could turn out to be very expensive.....What bait were you thinking of Steve?

Active Baits

That's what i said i wanted 2 lots, which is one of each not 5kilo of each one, which is what you have to order

Back