• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

intruder alarm

John Walker

hi can anyone tell me the make or stockist of a delkim type intruder alarm, they look a bit like a delkim sounder box and senses any movement within 3 yards or so, mine went missing along with all my delkim stuff ect in my house move and i just cannot recall where i bought it from, many thanks in advance for any help.

Hi John
Is this the kind of gizmo you mean?
Bivvy Alarm for Delkim | smart-indicators
Also worth looking at pond deterrents, ....you didn't say what you wanted it for mate ,...but I didn't figure you were doing many all-nighters nowadays!
Handy though, a mate of mine had his rods nicked on an Oxford pit a while back ....the buggers just cut the lines at the alarms while he was snoozing ,...served him right for long-lining!...:D

Thanks Dave, very similar to one that went missing mate,
oh yes i will be doing overnighters, i will be taking my great big emergency oxygen bottle thats supplied for power cuts, yes i will get a rucking from suppliers but its worth the ear ache lol, only downside is i need to be able to park directly behind my swims so restricts where i can fish but at least i can now:)

Are you fishing rivers John or is it mainly for lakes etc?
I would like to say it sounds a little like paranoia but with today's society it's best to be on the safe side. I recommend a large knife for "bank clearing".

Are you fishing rivers John or is it mainly for lakes etc?
I would like to say it sounds a little like paranoia but with today's society it's best to be on the safe side. I recommend a large knife for "bank clearing".

So you would recommend a knife eh? Tell me what you would do with it..

I hate the scum that nick tackle as much as anyone else but most people would either end up badly injured or worse, or in prison using a knife for self defence.

jeff, i prefer a real heavy hammer, however a nice sharp cutlass is ideal for clearing bankside rubbish:eek: if that dont work i,ll ring my boys, they are martial artists and ex doormen, if that dont stop em well the heavy gear comes out to play, but thanks anyway, half my mates are travellers but i like fishing:)

Back