• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Spam spam and more spam

Jeremy Evans

Spam spam spam large 340g tins a quid in Asda was rude not to grab a tray for next season chasing barbel

I'd love to know what the proportion of people buying it for human consumption is versus those buying it for barbelling purposes.

And does Spam PLC know or care?

I'd love to know what the proportion of people buying it for human consumption is versus those buying it for barbelling purposes.

And does Spam PLC know or care?

It's the same as sweetcorn Steve....I buy 36 tins at a time for my puddle carp matches in summer. There must be more sold to anglers.

I did and was tempted to ship some over, until I saw the shipping rates, maybe we could have a consortium where we can order en mass to make it more viable?

I did consider putting a couple of trays of it in my suitcase on my way back to Blighty last time. However, it struck me that had I done so, my luggage would probably have been destroyed by US customs using a controlled explosion, and I would still be in a modern Alcatraz on a 'bomb on a plane' charge :D

Cheers, Dave.

Still at 69p at B&M today. Seemed rude not to pick up a tray

My B&M doesn't cater for anglers, they only stock plain spam !!!!
Perhaps it's a northern thing, we flat cap type probably DO eat it !!!!!

Never heard of B&M. So I googled it and find nearest to me is Tottenham - I wouldn't leave my van there :)

Must be a Northern thing, shelves full of the stuff up here, right next t' gravvvyyy too...

How far north is Northern? I usually have a look in pound shop type places if i'm near one, and i have never came across Garlic Spam in any of them. Don't particularly fancy the stuff but, after reading so much about it, i look out for it for some reason:)

Stephen

since this info was posted on this & other forums about 3 weeks ago I've been to B & M about 4 times and blanked, but today patience & watercraft paid off and I finally managed to bag just over 3 lbs of elusive, hard-fighting river pig.

WOW! Graham, that's a fantastic catch, i make that roughly about 8 caught :). But what are you doing fishing out of season. :D

WOW! Graham, that's a fantastic catch, i make that roughly about 8 caught :).

7 - the entire herd. The form I was in I could have caught all day if there'd been any more.

Hard to put a finger on why sometimes they just don't seem to be around. Might be the store temperature, which did seem slightly higher yesterday after a cold spell.

Back