• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

FOX 12ft BARBEL DUO XS ROD 1.75lb

Dave Quinn

Senior Member & Supporter
I've picked one of these up as part of a job lot of carp tackle, does anyone have any experience of them? It's a twin top, one float and one ledger with 4 tips.

I only really fish the stick for barbel but I do own a korum cs barbel 1.75 for when I need to fish a static bait, is the fox an improvement?

Thanks

Dave

I have better rods in my collection now but for a good while I was using one of these. It is aesthetically pleasing to look at with a nice slim blank and action and is a pretty reasonable barbel rod. I can't compare it with what you currently use but I'd definitely recommend giving it a try to see what it feels like with a fish on as you may be pleasantly surprised. It also comes in handy for fishing for big tench. ;)

Thanks Anthony. I was going to use it for Tench, although I've got a Drennan tench float so the float top is a bit redundant

Back