• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

St George.

Ditto. My son was born on this day and as my mother said "there'll be flags flying around the country every time he has a birthday!" ;)

Happy St Georges day everyone.

Cheers Tom..couple of beers and a curry for me this evening and I'll be wearing my English rose on my chest....."for England, Harry and St.George" :):)

And so say all of us. I am willing to bet he would have voted 'Out', despite what Obama may have said at Cameron's behest. Hypocrite.

Cheers, Dave.

And so say all of us. I am willing to bet he would have voted 'Out', despite what Obama may have said at Cameron's behest. Hypocrite.

Cheers, Dave.

Given that St George was a Syrian who never set foot in the British Isles (or indeed continental Europe), I'm willing to bet that he probably wouldn't have a given a monkey's toss! :D

What have the Romans ever done for us? Well St George was apparently very impressed by the improvements to water quality brought by the Romans, which did no end of good for the dragon-hunting community in the middle east of course. He would surely have felt likewise about the positive influence of EU regulation upon our own 21st century water companies and like me would not trust HM government to do the best for our rivers and environment in general if left to its own devices.

Back