• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Alan King

Paul Ashton

It is with regret that I inform you that Alan King has passed away. Alan was a former holder of the Warks Avon Barbel record among all his other many achievements, and had a personal tally of over 250 doubles from many UK rivers. Having moved to Wales in 2001 he concentrated on Wye Barbel catching fish to over 13lb. Alan was heavily involved in the early days of Carp angling in Kent and was a dedicated, thinking angler who was always looking for the next angling challenge.

Very sad news Paul. I remember Alan from my Kent Carping days. I can't say that I knew him but I can remember him attending one or two Carp Society meetings when I was RO for the region. RIP Alan.

That is sad! I bumped into him a few years back in one of the car parks at Bredwardine on my first trip to the river. Had a long and very informative chat with him. He came across as a really nice genuine chap.

Cheers
Mark

Very sad news, I heard a couple of weeks ago he was very poorly.
Met him years ago on the Avon and Stour when he lived down South. Last saw him on the lower Severn at Pixham about 8 years ago. A quality barbel angler for sure.

RIP Alan King

Back