• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Jan Porter has passed away

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Remember following his exploits in the angling press when I was much younger. Quite an inspiration.

Just heard , very shocked and saddened to hear this news , a great loss to the angling community , condolences to his family and friends , he'll be sadly missed Rip.

Sad news indeed, his wicked cheese paste recipe got me banned from the kitchen, but caught me plenty of fish, ..a real mine of information..RIP fella.

Watched a few of his fishing videos when i was a match angler. I always remember him as the man in red. A very accomplished river angler :(

Dave

I knew him well. A smashing guy who just loved fishing. I spoke to him not long ago and he was in good health or at least that was the impression I got! Very sad.

Very sad to hear about Jan remember him in those old Matt Hayes programmes along with the Duke, was Jan fighting cancer?

Condolances go out to his Family.

Very sad, always used to watch his swim-feeder video,s before a trip to the river. An inspirational man.

a loss for us but i wonder if he,ll meet up on the banks with others who departed before him, would that be a wonderful thing . rip

Very sad to hear about Jan remember him in those old Matt Hayes programmes along with the Duke, was Jan fighting cancer?

Condolances go out to his Family.

Jan had been fighting cancer for some years and certainly was upbeat about it very recently. Horrible the way it lurks there you think you have won then rears it's head again.

Yes, very sad news. I was watching Total Fishing just the other day; Matt and Jan were fishing the fjords of Norway. Such an erudite, engaging and charismatic man. RIP

Very sad news,met him a couple o times.
He even gave me one of his lucky wrist bangles which i still have in my tackle bag.
R.i.p. Jan.:(

Back