• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Replacing rings- Preston Carbonactive 13 float rod

Neil Kirk

I have recently acquired this rod (built on an Asaki blank) and need to replace two of the rod rings which are missing.

The rings are intermediate single leg rings with distinctive golden liners and I would like to find identical replacements.

Any ideas where I might get hold of replacement rod rings?

Neil

I have one of these exact rods and snapped off the top 3 inches not long ago. Lovely rods and great for small river barbel stick fishing. Found it in the attic yesterday, I'd just stopped being ****ed off about it. Must get it fixed

The rings are really distinctive, some people think they're blingy and horrible but I like them

Not helpful I know but there you go

Where about are you? There is a chap in York who did an alteration for me and it was top notch and very affordable. His name is Chas Burns, Burns Rod Builders (Google it), he's a cracking guy and did a really nice job putting a screw fit Fuji reel seat onto a Mk1 Brennan Tench Rod for me

Dave, I did exactly the same with my 14ft Carbonactive! Gutted is an understatement. :(
Didn't bother with the correct replacement for the tip ring and it still fishes well despite the three inches off the top. I hope you get sorted Neil.

Thanks for the replies.

The Minima guides look promising and I will give them a ring to sort out sizes.

Anthony - I didn't do the damage - I bought it like that on ebay but for just over £40 with a 2 foot extension piece to make it 15 foot so quite happy but would like to repair it as close as possible to original.

Neil

I bought some of the Minima 3 rings on the internetbut they were not a good match and had to send them back.

So the search continues.

Neil

Back