• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

travel rod

Robert Richbell

I have a couple of Peregrine 1.75 gtx that i love using, but now want a travel rod for after work sessions etc. I know Peregrine do a 4 piece Avon, anyone on here got 1 or used 1 and have any thoughts on it.

Probably based on the Harrison Avon 4 piece blank, 1.5lb test curve. Built quite a few and used one as a general barbel/chub rod which is easy to transport and conceal.
Picture of duplon handles one:
4 piece Avon

I use 1.75 GTi rods , and also a 1.5 GTx. I also have one of the Peregrine 4 piece rods. They are brilliant, hard to detect any flat spots in the curve. I would thoroughly recommend one.

Just got the John Wilson travel barbel 4 piece meself, under 50 quid, for when I go fishing on me bike. Only tested on pond carp so far, but the signs were good.

Had a peregrine 4 piece that was a lovely little rod, nice curve no flat spots. Now have a Yateley 4 piece barbel stalker which I use instead, if you can find one (got mine second hand on here) they're cracking little rods.

Back