• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

fishing chair recommendation

I don't rove so weight not a problem
I like it to recline so I can snooze/stare at the skies
doesn't have to go flat
has to have adjustable feet
HAS TO HAVE ARMS
it would be nice for it to be used with accessories side trays, rod rests, microwaves, portable TV's, early warning listening stations etc

nonfalltobitsability within 6 minutes would be nice
price no object
so any recommendation?

Gavin, Alan is from East Yorkshire, we like our comfort when we go fishing !
Suggest you ignore La-z-boy, as most is now made in China and of poor quality.
Have a look in Go Outdoors, not the first place you might look for fishing gear, but I was in the York branch yesterday looking at Waders and my better half looked really comfy in a reclining fishing chair with arms.
Couldn't see it fitting on the banks of the Derwent where I fish, but presumably you are out on the Humber with a big flat shore line.
Mike

mike I don't suppose you have any pictures of said missus in a reclined pose you could send me?
purely to see if we are talking the same thing here....
and most of my fishing is on that river that flows into the humber the tidal and non tidal trent

Alan,
I still use a phone with buttons, cannot understand these new fangled flat things that take photos, do the washing up and iron your underpants !
So sorry no picture, but she did look good, so I will carry my brownie in future, it might open up a whole new career for me.

Alan, On a serious note, I have looked on the web site and it was a Rod Hutchinson Enduro Recliner. Offered at £60 it looks good value.
Mike

Korum Deluxe accessory chair (you can get armrests for these)? However, depending on the state of your back, I wouldn't purchase anything until you've sat in it for a decent length of time.

Alan, On a serious note, I have looked on the web site and it was a Rod Hutchinson Enduro Recliner. Offered at £60 it looks good value.
Mike

chair.jpg

Looks very comfy.

Check out the Advanta memory foam chair that Angling Direct do. I've got one and it is very comfy indeed, not a recliner but not what I required. Highly recommended!

has to be a recliner
that Hutchinson chair looks good mike
with square legs wonder how easy it is to get accessories/ sidetray for it?
I was hoping for a rod rest attachment but can visualise loads of false bites when I fart or fidget etc
korum accessory chair a bit dearer but the arms cost 25 quid which to me is taking the **** and I cant try them out
I will want to try out whatever I buy
thanks for pointers so far

Alan,
There are several universal chair fittings for square legged chairs, to which you can add tables, Rod rests, etc.
The Chapman's brochure lists some, and they are in Hull, so you can take a look.
Car sound deadening material should absorb the flatulence!!!
Mike

I've got a Nash peg one chair with arms and all the add ons - wheels to turn it into a trolley, feeder arm, bait tray and and groundbait bucket, I look like a right divot when it's all set up

It is very comfortable though and the trolley wheels have been Essential at times

I've got a Nash peg one chair with arms and all the add ons - wheels to turn it into a trolley, feeder arm, bait tray and and groundbait bucket, I look like a right divot when it's all set up

It is very comfortable though and the trolley wheels have been Essential at times

I do actually need a trolley as ive been using my builders wheelbarrow...
ill have a look at that nash chair
edit
its been discontinued
wonder if there is a newer version that can take the trolley kit?

Mike,

75% of my fishing over the last 40 years has been the Yorkshire Derwent - I'm more of a bait bucket and unhooking mat sort for seating! We must have bumped into each other over the years, I fish mainly Buttercrambe and Stamford Bridge.

has to be a recliner
that Hutchinson chair looks good mike
with square legs wonder how easy it is to get accessories/ sidetray for it?
I was hoping for a rod rest attachment but can visualise loads of false bites when I fart or fidget etc
korum accessory chair a bit dearer but the arms cost 25 quid which to me is taking the **** and I cant try them out
I will want to try out whatever I buy
thanks for pointers so far

Buy the chair which right for you and then go on the Korum website and pick any of their 'Any Chair' range of accessories ( in the chair section ) that suit your needs.

Hi Gavin,
Most of my sessions are at Stamford Bridge or Howsham, but I have to say it is very rare to meet another barbel fisher.
There has been some tree thinning between the road bridge and the water works on the right bank at Stamford Bridge which will reduce the cover this year. I am not sure what effect that might have on location. So a longer walk might be necessary to find undisturbed swims.
You are right about kit for these stretches, the less you have to carry the better.
Hope to see you on the bank some time.
Mike

Wychwood, Fox and Advanta all do very comfy recliners that are also bomb proof. You are, of course, paying a bit of a premium with Fox for the name, but they're still excellent chairs.

After breaking a lot of chairs (not sure why:D) I bought by chance a JRC Relaxa recliner it lasted a rather hefty me 2 years of abuse (well me sitting in it) and finally gave up the ghost last year. I bought the newer version last year and it's just as durable. High back arms and adjustable legs not heavy gets a bug thumbs up from me.

Back