• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Haven fishery river teme

John Smith 2

Can anyone recommend the above for a couple of days fishing? Haven or the Knightwick fishery? Any info would be appreciated that's additional to the website. Or anywhere similar that can be booked for a couple of anglers seeking to get away from it all.
Thanks

Teme

Hi John, might be worth looking at Bransford Angling Club£36 for a season, and the top stretch is 2 miles with maybe on average 1 angler on it (Cotheridge Church). Contact Ben Whitehouse-member on BFW

Hi men ,

John , have to agree with Dave , its like having the stretch exclusive , as we did for 3 seasons :D.

Hatter

Hi John - I've fished Haven 1 & 2 a couple of times each, though not for 6 years or so. At that time both were good fisheries (and they probably still are) and great to have the stretch to yourself, where you can camp, cook, etc without breaking any rules. I would say Haven 1 was the more prolific, though that might be sheer coincidence. Highly recommended! :)

You could try Clethill Fishery (google it), further upstream, run by Bill who also works for the EA, very knowledgable and helpful chap. That said barbel numbers on the middle Teme have declined greatly but a few more showed last season.

The Haven fishery was always was a lovely place to be, especially the stretch opposite Brokamin, I have known the stretch since Andy and Gill Orme ran it in the Mid 90's, a home of big rough, tough barbel, lots of fish to double figures, my biggest from there was 13.10, and some big Bream, but it has to be said since those days the Teme as a barbel fishery has changed dramatically, and the barbel fishing really has declined beyond recognition, some say the population has fallen by 75%, and areas like the Haven are a shadow of their former past and progressively are getting worse as each year passes, barbel are very few and far between and the bigger fish are just not there anymore, but it is still a beautiful place to be and there are a few barbel, but dont expect too much and be prepared to struggle to even spot a barbel.....

Fished the haven last year, hard going, great bit of river but not got the fish their now but worth a try & the hospitality second to none.

Back