• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Long sessions - your tips for...avoiding mother nature

Steve Lewis

If you know what I mean. Apologies for taking it down the toilet, but it's a genuine thread.

I can't think how I ever managed to go 15-odd hours without...y'know - "having a movement". The prospect of doing the same now after such a long break away and being that much older is rather daunting.

So, let's not beat about the bush - what's the best and safest way to not have a poo? As someone who doesn't have bowel movements you can set your watch by, I've considered reverse laxatives but wonder whether it's a good idea to take those when you're not suffering from "fallthrough".

Men - let's hear your tips and tactics...

Codeine...job done (or not in this case:)). S'pose you could always consider giving yourself an enema beforehand.

No, don't beat about the bush just do it in the bush. When you've got to go you've got to go!

Once caught one in the hood of an old Rod Hutchinson style one piece,not to be recommended.Try getting a bag fitted on the NHS,after all try do gastric bands:D

Don't do it in the bush, its disgusting. Take a bucket and black bag, do your job, tie the bag, twist it and tie it again. Dispose of when you get home. Better than stomach cramps and tearing your ring when it is finally time to part company.
There's a phantom pooper on the venue I bailiff at the minute and it's really unpleasant to see his offerings in the bushes by the water.

Get yourself one of these:

Folding Shovel Compact Emergency Portable Spade Camping Garden Snow with Pouch | eBay

No point filling yourself with med's etc that can't be good for your.

But do take care where you dig should find yourself fishing a swim I was in a few days earlier...:eek:

Bank digging expressly forbidden on all the stretches I'll be fishing. Granted, it doesn't specify human waste...

Dan - I like the sound of your idea. Presumably some bum roll is also recommended. And what with anti-bac hand gel now being so readily available and cheap, I guess it's a little toilet away from home!

To be fair, should an emergency arise I always move well away from the bank.

To be honest, I find I never get caught short if I have provisions in place. I think your more likely to get caught short if the thought of 'getting caught short' is making you worry about it. If that makes sense...

Digging a hole is the way to go, move as far away from the river as is practical. Smaller trowels are available than the one linked to earlier. I use one of these when backpacking, it doesn't collapse very well but it's compact in any case.

trowel

It is generally recommended to burn the loo roll as otherwise it takes a long time to de-compose, obviously be careful in dry conditions though. A small bottle of hand sanitiser is a good idea too.

Used to be a folding trowel available.
Called an "iPood".

Only problem with that was you had to pay extra for the handle, and then if it broke whilst in use you had to take it to the nearest iGenius to fix the iPood iProblem.

Chuffing iNightmare, it was.

Trenching spade ,...and a camo poncho if you're bashful.
Failing that , huggies.?
Surely Howard C. has got to be the expert in this field?:D

why not just take a bucket (lots of uses) a few thick rubbish bags kept in the car boot, even if theres a fair few people strolling the banks just find a private spot, bag over the bucket and there ya go, dont froget to tie the bag up tight lol

That's all i ever do bucket & bin liner no problem lot easier that making yourself badly if you've gotta go you've gotta go.

Back