• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

T&dfc open day 25th june 2016

Dave Johnson

OPEN DAY - 25th June 2016, 8am till late
Free fishing for one day only on St Patricks Stream, the Loddon and the Thames. Just turn up with your tackle, bait, unhooking mat, EA licence and a smile, or alternatively just come and have a look around the waters. We will keep you refreshed with free tea, coffee, burgers and bacon butties.
River guides will be available to walk the banks with you and answer any questions.
We will be accepting new members on the day (cash, card and cheque).
There will be a collection box for donations to Fishing for Forces.
Directions: the nearest post code is RG10 9RY. Look for Loddon Drive and the road signs off the A4 between Charvil and Twyford.
Fish 3 separate rivers from 1 car park
Fishing Demonstrations
2nd hand tackle stall
Lots of banter!

A quick update.

Gate opens at 08.30
Tea and coffee all day

Food from 10.00-15.00 or until we run out.

Demos.
Barbel 09.00-10.30. Lower Pats.
Predator fly fishing 11.00-12.30 Thames
Carp 13.00-14.30 Thames

Banter 06.30 late.
Guides and coaching all day.

Well behaved dogs welcome.

I'm a former member when I was in the military and based down this way, I can't make it but would urge any river lover to do so, I can think of hardly any stretches of water anywhere that look and feel as good as the T&Dfc stretches do. The Loddon and St Pats are exquisite, very good club too, enjoy the day those that go

Last edited:
Why do these days always fall on a weekend when i have to work ?:( Can someone/anyone arrange a mid-week event ?

Don't forget to bring plenty of cash...... usually some real bargains to be had on the second hand tackle stand from Fishing for forces. Bill is always open to a deal.

T&DFC Open Day

Hey Up young Dave,

Hopeyou have a great day and the fellows are all decent.

Seems such a long,long time since I visited you, along with Martin James. Some 'decent' fellows about that day,including the revered 'Barbel God' and towd grey fox if I remember rightly.

Your early arrivals bacon butties were most welcome (even more so allowing for the long trek around field boundary!!) and your hospitality,with the delicious beef casserol and tasty beers was very favourably remembered.... even with your semi-tame feline for company,

Awrabest, Mike

ps... " a long time" ... was about 15-16 years ago!!!!

Back