• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

River wye camping

Steven Ballard

Hi all, I know it's probably been done, but am after somewhere to fish on the wye this weekend with camping nearby.
As ive never fished the Wye before, any info on decent day ticket sections would be most welcome.
Regards steve

Hi Steve, a mate of mine goes to Lucksall campsite, there is fishing available on site. You could google it for more info

Hi,you could also camp at the White Lion,Ross.Dave allows you to pitch up beside the river,has excellent shower block and he does great food,ales and ciders.

As far as day tickets go you have the Wye and Usk,Wyelea(just down the road from the pub and Hereford and district AC stretches .

Hi,you could also camp at the White Lion,Ross.Dave allows you to pitch up beside the river,has excellent shower block and he does great food,ales and ciders.

As far as day tickets go you have the Wye and Usk,Wyelea(just down the road from the pub and Hereford and district AC stretches .

Just to give you the heads up Dave and Jackie left the White Lion the weekend, not sure how accomodating the new Landlord will be. There is another campsite in Ross though

Cheers
Mark

Cheers for the heads up Mark,shame they are moving on as this was always a favourite watering hole of mine on my Wye adventures.Hope the pub doesn't change too much.

Yes I think after 10 years they decided to move back to Swindon, not sure about the new Owners yet but may pop in for a reccy the weekend. By far the best pint of 'Butty' in Ross so hope there's no change there.

Cheers
Mark

Yes I think after 10 years they decided to move back to Swindon, not sure about the new Owners yet but may pop in for a reccy the weekend. By far the best pint of 'Butty' in Ross so hope there's no change there.

Cheers
Mark

Did anybody establish whether there's still camping at the White Lion under the new management?

Fancy a Wye tour in the van over an extended bank holiday and camping at pubs is always the best of both worlds ...

There were a number of tents on the WL garden last week.

You have the town stretch 50 yards away above the bridge. £6.

A number of decent barbel came out last week.
Good perch showing as well.

Suggest you call the new owners to book/check.

Option of the campsite at the New Harp pub Hoarwithy with Stans dt water 1/2 mile away.

Thanks for the advice and info everyone - will call them today, and yes Andy, I will mention BFW.

Targeting Ross as start point of the mini-tour because I've only just realised how much quicker it is to get there than Hereford.

We could leave Leeds at 7 and be in the pub by 10 with any luck

But we may move on and take in day tickets at Hoarwithy and maybe even somewhere round Holme Lacy too. Got the Tuesday off work as well (Republic of Yorkshire "customary day")

Graham, if you want to fish at Aramstone near Hoarwithy you need to book in with Stan the fishery manager 07899 903744. Camping nearby at Tressick Campsite next to the New Harp pub which also has showers. Campsite is called Tressick. The lady who owns the camp site will also let you fish there. Not sure how it fishes but you pay her.

Back