• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

who's catching

Ian Booth

I just had 24 hour session on the river severn. I caught 11 Barbel biggest 8.5. 3 Chub biggest

3.8 and a big Roach at 1.11. Bait tech and ellipse pellets catch most fish. I am thinking about

trying the Trent next week which I have not fished before.

I fished the Swale again Friday but just had one Chub 3.3lb. I hope others are catching more then me Going to try the Ure Wednesday.

I had a few hours on the Ure and the Swale last week but blank again. I was going to go

night fishing on the Trent but decided to go to the Severn I have had a few blanks so I need

to catch a Barbel before I forget what one looks like.

On my trip to the river Severn I had five Barbel and three small Chub. I started this post
to see what other people where catching to see what the season was going like.

Not going to fish next week because am off to Stratford on Avon with the family the week
after it will be grabbing a few hours fishing when I can.

It's gone a bit quiet for me on the Severn and seem to be catching more chub than normal. Still having a couple barbel each visit though. Gonna do a quick couple hours now see if I do any better

Looking at other posts on here and on other sites and talking to other anglers the Barbel fishing has not been great. I find that the Severn is still fishing well but I have blanked more
this year fishing other rivers. Going to fish the Avon and the Wye next.

Back