• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Skretting Pellet Sale

Derek, I know you have put this up in good faith mate, just being helpful as ever, but something looks a bit off here...unless I am just not up to speed...which wouldn't surprise me one bit :p I really REALLY hope it's just me being dopey again :D:D:D

Skretting, based in Northwich, Cheshire, are the world's leading experts in aquaculture nutrition. They manufacture and supply their products all over the world. Obviously, anglers also use many of their products, pellets in particular.

The pellets on sale here are manufactured by Copdock Mill in Suffolk, a much smaller company run by H. G. Gladwell & Sons. They also manufacture pellets and other fishing baits, sold under their Crafty Catcher banner.

Quite how Dragon Carp Direct can sell baits made by Copdock Mill and advertise them as 'Skretting pellets' is beyond me, unless they are made under license from Skretting, which I doubt. The pictures on the Dragon Carp advert are grainy if you blow them up, but I cannot see the word Skretting on the Copdoc packaging, merely in Dragon Carp's advert.

Skretting pellets are not just a 'type' of pellet that others can reproduce, they are simply and purely a range of pellets manufactured by a company called Skretting.

Anyone know something I don't here?

Cheers, Dave.

Getting an error come up on the link, can see that they are selling pellets cheap though. What's the weight of the bags because I can't see it being stated.

Always a bit dubious of dubious of dragon carp.....formerly used tackle, let me down many years ago when he had his first tackle shop. I have bought bits and bobs of them though and always rang up to check they really are in stock.

........posted at the same time Dave, and yes I'm of the opinion sometimes when things are to good to be true they usually are

Or am I just getting old now

Dave. Their site says made from ingredients from Skretting. So maybe allowed to describe as such. Well. If they do come through. At 75p a kilo they'll make good method mix or groundbait at the very least.
If not have paypal protection on purchase.

Just have to kiss or blame DF.:D

Can't blame Derek in any way Graham. He is a kind and caring man for whom I have the greatest respect, and this was just him trying to be helpful, as is his way. And, they may just as well turn out to be superb!

My thoughts are that Copdock Mills are a good company, and if they say these pellets are made using ingredients from Skretting, then they should be fine. However, questions still remains. Firstly, why would a company who have manufactured their own pellets using their own ingredients for many, many years, suddenly start using Skretting stuff? Is that not an admission that Skretting ingredients are better than their own? Or, is it more a marketing ploy by Dragon?

Secondly, I could possibly buy ingredients from Skretting myself, and use them to produce pellets. I probably wouldn't know the recipe/ingredient mix that made Skretting pellets so successful (because skretting are unlikely to disclose that information), but I could try. However, the point is...whatever the results of my efforts...would I be entitled to call them 'Skretting Pellets'? I think not!

Cheers, Dave.

The last time I ordered anything from this outfit actually it was Sports Direct, and half the items were out of stock, and what was sent was utter garbage. But what possibly go wrong with pellets, and as Graham says you can stuff 'em into a feeder etc and jobs a good 'un. So I ordered 20, and of course they were out of stock, looks like Graham cleared the shelves :rolleyes: so I settled on the smaller bags of garlic flavoured pellets, and as it stands they are still in stock!!

Gonna clean up on the Lower Severn,no problem.:)

And thanks to Derek, you caring sharing lovely man you :eek:

Well I got a confirmation e mail but does say at the end of it can't confirm until warehouse packs etc.

Nothing to lose.

Dave. As I say, they may well have permission to call them that.

And being a cricket pal of Dave Forsey the Chief Exec of Sports Direct ( The company had its first shop in Maidenhead and Dave was the shop manager) I'll give him a call:eek:
It was quite funny at the last President's game at White Waltham when he turned up in a chaffeur driven Bently)

I used to live around the corner from this outfit a few years back. Went in twice across three years and to say their tackle is poor is understatement. I really, really tried to buy something as I have never gone out of a tackle shop empty handed - ever. Kinda felt a bit soiled by the very tacky cheap experience and had to wipe my feet on the way out. Dave's opinion on this is bang on - unequivically in every sense!!! You cannot get good, fresh bait for nowt in my experience - may be in the past but no so much nowadays

Mine turned up today 12kg at £13.99 delivered be a very cheap feed for me thanks for the tip .

The first 10k came today.

All £9.00 of them incl postage. Super coarse fish feed. Be great for scalding and method.

Thank you Derek. X

TBH Skretting coarse pellets have always been cheap if you buy a sack. Around £27 for 25kg at the moment. Never thought I would see the day when pellets were significantly cheaper than hemp though!

The first 10k came today.

All £9.00 of them incl postage. Super coarse fish feed. Be great for scalding and method.

Thank you Derek. X

I bought the garlic, all the standard was out of stock, but does make a nice garlic paste.

And the Severn Roach love 'em.

Last edited:
Well Dragon Carp contacted Yodel who admitted they had lost the second 10kg.

So they refunded the full amount I paid. So in fact the 10 kg I received cost £0.00.

Result. thanks again Derek.

Graham

Back