• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Pallatrax Gripz Hooks

Never heard of them Pete till just now :) Just googled them. Takes you to the Pallatrax website.

GRIPZ Hooks - Pallatrax

" IF " They actually do what they say on the tin, then they sound like a good compromise between barbed, and barbless. Ive been a big fan of the Pallatrax " The Hook " and used them for most of my barbel fishing, so may give the new Gripz a try.

Thanks for the heads up Pete. :)

Gimmick

i tried them for paste fishing on my commies in matches....no better than the standard barbless version for me....so just a gimmick. As Deano says....if it aint broke.....

I don't understand how they would work any better that the micro barbed that I am using now just another angler catching gimmick.

At that price they would need to be very special indeed, not for me.

Been using these for a while now and i really get on with them, they are very sharp, the shape i like with a turned in point, stay put and come out easy.

I don't understand how they would work any better that the micro barbed that I am using now just another angler catching gimmick.

At that price they would need to be very special indeed, not for me.

50p a hook expensive :eek:? one of the most important bits of your set up, how much do you spend on rods, reels, bait etc ? in my book, 50p a hook is a bargain. :)

50p a hook expensive :eek:? one of the most important bits of your set up, how much do you spend on rods, reels, bait etc ? in my book, 50p a hook is a bargain. :)

Derek hooks and line are the two most important parts of my fishing they are the two parts that I pay most attention to and the parts that I am loathe to change unless I find something that is definately better than what I am currently using.

At the moment I am using Korum Expert hooks only changing to them because the hook I have used for many years is no longer made by Mustad, price? around 15p per hook and I am happy to say that neither has so far let me down.

If someone could explain the physics behind the claims for these new hooks I might consider trying them but as no one has done that I wont, until then I consider them to be yet another "angler catcher" but each to their own.

As for how much I spend on rods, reels etc, I have never been one to spend lots on that kind of thing as I consider them of secondary importance in catching Barbel because as far as I know fish have never been impressed with what rod/reel they have been caught on or even taken a bait because of it :D i may be a cynic but it must be very difficult for tackle manufacturers to keep coming up with new this new that to maintain or improve sales, this i am afraid is imo another attempt to do this.

Back