• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Anyone use this type of feeder link

Iain Tutt

These links seem to becoming popular on Flee Bay. Anyone trying this type of feeder link. Seems easy to make myself. Any thoughts

_57%206_zpssjbixqaa.jpg

Not that exact one, but that type of link was popular for both feeders and ledger weights when I started fishing back in the 90s and, indeed, I used them myself an awful lot.

These days I prefer to have the feeder (or ledger weight) straight onto the running bead and running on the mainline (i.e. get shot of the long red plastic bit) and have some form of anti-tangle tubing lower down on the hooklength (kept in place by slipping one end of the tube tight over the swivel eye). I find I get a lot less tangles that way. Of course, if you've got mainline straight through that's not possible, but I still prefer to have the feeder/weight straight on the line.

But it probably just comes down to personal preference.

I too remember them from the 80/90s but the idea seems to disappear for awhile. I can remember the tangles well.

Steve. I'm very similar.

Enterprise Snag free runner with a link swivel attached for the feeder/lead.

Running down to a rubber tulip bead over the size 8 swivel (must be rolling type to prevent line catching)

Hooklink attached to swivel. Very simple and safe.

I've used these for feeder fishing for bream
Cause no tangles at all, the ones above look like there using power gum
Mine have Thick mono and a better bead than that one in the picture
Ideal for feeder work on resovoirs.

Back