• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Feeder rod recommendation

Steve Lewis

Right, I really need to get myself sorted with a feeder rod. So recs please.

It will primarily be for small and medium river work and never in heavy-heavy flood, with the occasional stillwater work. Note that I will never be casting to the horizon.

I’m not particularly fussy about length, but tend to favour 11ft for most bottom work. I will consider anything shorter or longer than that, though.

The only major stipulation is that I don’t really want to spend any more than £50. Am not in the least bit negative about any older used rods, so if you’re aware of a 20 year old rod that is both decent and goes for sensible prices on the ‘Bay, by all means rec it.

Under no illusion that they are the tip-top models that have now passed into legend, I've been spying several Normark rods (blue fox and black label) that have gone for fairly good prices of late, but most comments about both seem to be that they were pretty ropey for the time, let alone when compared to newer, invariably cheaper, rods.

Always liked the Masterline John Wilson feeders, and one of those would compliment the rest of my ML JW rods nicely, but it's usually only the Avon/Quiver that comes up, and I've already got that in several iterations.

Over to you!

Cheers

Hi Steve, I have a Diawa Aquqlite 12ft, three piece with three tips if you are interested. I have only used it a few times so in excellent condition and come in a black cordura tube.

Good luck with your search

Stephen

Back