• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Alzheimer's Research

Bill Walford

Senior Member & Supporter
Hi Lads,
I'm appealing on behalf of ABF member Paul Schofield who is undertaking a 100 cycle ride this Sunday to raise funds for Alzheimer's Research. He lost his Mum to this dreadful condition less than 12 months ago and wants to raise a bit of cash in her memory. Paul has cycled over 2000 miles in training over 158 hours and is travelling down from Barnsley to take part in the event in London/Surrey.

PLEASE will you spare to price of a pint or two to help Paul to pass his £1000 target.

Thanks in anticipation,

Bill W

Virgin Money Giving | Fundraising | Paul Schofield's fundraising page

Many thanks Anthony P :)
Hopefully the first of a few :D

You're a gentleman Dave

My thanks and condolences Dean. I'll pass on your good wishes

My thanks to those named on here and the anonymous, you know who you are. Your support is greatly appreciated. Paul's little old legs will be pumping away now. Any last donations will be gratefully received :)

Unfortunately there's been a big crash at the event. Air Ambulance and all.... I hope Paul is safe and sound....

Paul finished unscathed, stats as follows:

Distance: 100 miles
Time: 4 Hours 48 Mins 20 Secs
Average Speed: 20.7 MPH
Total Climbing: 4,507 Feet
Money raised to date : £593 (including Gift Aid)

A great achievement and a GREAT cause. Still time to donate the price of a couple of pints :)

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PaulSchofield4

Message from Paul :

"Ride London Surrey 100 31st July 2016

Yesterday I was Honored and Privileged to do this in memory of My Wonderful Mum and the Alzheimer's Society.

I set goals for the race, but outwardly I was conservative about the time I wanted to achieve. I told every one a time of 5 hrs 30 mins to 6 hours would be great.

I am my own worst critic and hard on myself so wanted to achieve a time of 5 hours or less for the 100 miles. Both to make this a massive challenge and be proud in the thought of how Mum would have been so proud too.

So the stats for the race:
Distance: 100 miles
Time: 4 Hours 48 Mins 20 Secs
Average Speed: 20.7 MPH
Total Climbing: 4,507 Feet

Also Thank you to everyone who has donated/sponsored my for this event, it is very much appreciated for such a fantastic cause."

Thanks for raising the thread again Graham. Including Gift Aid he currently stands at just over £603 quid.....Thanks again to the named and unnamed BFW folk who so far given :)

Back