Barbel Fishing World

Go Back   Barbel Fishing World Forums > Message Boards > Barbel Talk

Notices

Old 12-11-2017, 07:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Walker View Post
as far as i am aware this was a government decision
Well, that says it all - bearing in mind the current state of the Government.

The fact that staff at the zoo are horrified speaks volumes to me. These are the people who actually understand the cat's habits and capabilities. Also, I'm not sure why the sniper was put up in front of the media to defend his actions, if this was a decision taken on high.

From what I've read, the cat wouldn't have known how to hunt so was probably trying to return, out of hunger, to captivity.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:02

John with all the govt has to worry about i cannot see this as a decision from on high... Knowing the area myself you are right about the economy but it is November and the place is more or less shut down except for hardy souls who like beach walking...
Old 12-11-2017, 15:58

true Paul but think about most of the holiday makers have kids and if they changed their holidays to elsewhere it would be deserted in spring and summer too, i love the wild life anywhere i visit but not if kids can get savaged, all cats big or small have a killer instinct even domesticated ones, i have spent a lifetime in or around slaughterhouses but 99% of the workers in such always care and respect the animals that are slaughtered, the other 1% usually leave after getting some extremely rough justice from the other workers. thats the same for me and my opinion of any escapees from zoos and released dangerous animals, if they cant catch and eat wildlife and are really hungry they will turn onto pets or even people, especially children, people must come 1st in keeping safe.
Old 12-11-2017, 18:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dowgill View Post
With all respect John & Jon, no it isn't understandable - it is about twice the size of a domestic cat so not exactly a 'maneater'. So how is it a danger to the public? Armed hunters with night vision gear are not employed to shoot dangerous dogs, they are 'captured' first and then 'destroyed'. If nothing else this approach has been a waste of tax payers money. As for it killing seven sheep - it is the usual response of the Farmer's Union - kill anything without evidence. Yet another ridiculous response from one of our elected bodies - overreaction and resort to guns as the solution.
What if it wondered in someone’s back garden and children were outside playing. They’d go up to it thinking look at this lovely cat and get their face chewed off
Old 14-11-2017, 19:44

well the other one at borth escaped now from same place, seems to me like the safety at that zoo should be carefully monitored by experienced government inspectors much more closely