• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

11th Annual Ousemeisters Barbel challenge

Mike Hodgkiss

It 's coming round to that time of year again , and you are cordially invited to attend this fun event which will be held as usual on the Cherryfields section of the Yorkshire Ouse at Newton on Ouse on Saturday 24th of September , meet up at 12 midday , fish 1-7pm then retire for vittles at the Black Horse in Tollerton . The cost is £5 , i.e. the cost of a day ticket and we have the whole stretch to ourselves , many thanks to Newton on Ouse AC for allowing us to fish this lovely stretch of river . If you wish to come along please contact me by E mail mike.hodgkiss@googlemail.com or simply reply to this thread , please do not reply by PM . If you wish to eat at the pub afterwards please let me know a.s.a.p. so I can book tables .

To emphasise this is not a real fishing match , no keepnets and all that malarky . There is a prize , the coverted Ousemeister barbel challenge trophy for the biggest barbel of the day , also the even more coveted Tommy Ruffe shield for the biggest Tommy of the day [ by length ] . There will also be prizes for the best looking gudgeon caught and the biggest barbel on a cane rod . Please contact me as above , I am limiting entry to 15 anglers .

Cheers

We're back from Italy the day before so perfect timing, count me in please Mike. I'll dine afterwards too.

You are more than welcome Rob , if nothing else it's a great opportunity to meet up with kindred spirits and have a laugh . We don't catch many barbel but we have great fun trying :D

ooooh Mike I really am tempted this year but it's a four hour drive for me. If I can get the Missus onside it might be doable...I believe there is a B&B slap bang in the middle of the village called Chombeys Farm House, any comments ??

Be great if you could make it Bill . I have not heard anything bad about Chombeys I am sure it will be fine . If you fancy having a few days up here there is loads to see and do and the fishing is great , day ticket waters on the Ouse , Swale and Nidd all within 20 minutes [ maximum ] of Tollerton :D

Thank you for the feedback Mike & Gavin.... At this moment in time Mike I'm a more likely "No" so treat my interest as just that. If you get your 15 Take 'em but if I can swing it I'll show out on here. My main problem is not so much the wife not wanting to come up it's that she does the school run for a couple of the Grandkids on a Friday and by the time she is free of duties Dartford Tunnel is normally tailing back about 4 miles. I want to drag her along to try and make a weekend of it and see something of York. Ashamed to say I've never been there :eek: well not quite true I did go to the University for work a couple of years back but didn't get to see the City. I'll keep you posted on any progress :)

Get your worm order in with Dave Maddison, red head torch is the secret apparently! He's not giving away his best worm pegs though!

As you're in the right neck of the woods, perhaps there should be a prize for the first angler to spot a big cat....and have proof! ;)

Back