• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Day ticket stick fishing on the wye (or somewhere else)

Dave Quinn

Senior Member & Supporter
I'm on holiday near Marlborough/Calne for a couple of weeks and I'm trying to get a day pass week after next for a bit of fishing

I have only brought my stick fishing gear along so I'm looking for a stretch on a day ticket within a reasonable distance, I would drive up to an hour and a half

Are the day ticket stretches on the Wye too big for the stick? I know there are free and club ticket waters in Chippenham and on the Amalgamated ticket that I might consider joining as I'm that way quite a lot. Is there anywhere else where I might have a half decent chance of catching?

Any advice gratefully received

Dave. I've found the Warks Avon a lovely place to trot with a 4bb stick.
Some of the longer term local guys can probably suggest a dt stretch for you.
Graham

Wye...have a look at Lower Bishopswood, it's a DT venue bought from the only shop in the village....end peg on the section, brilliant.
Birmingham AA loads to go at, for ease of use look at Pershore right bank downstream, park next to the section in a field. But loads more on this ticket, have a look on their website.

BAA Avon stretches have good sport on the stick. Nafford weir or Barton weir hold a great head of roach,bream chub and perch. Well worth a try there.

P. M.

Back