• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lightweight Chairs

Iain Tutt

Looking for a new chair. Mine is too big and heavy to be dragging around all the day. Any recommendations

Depend if you want a really light weight chair or comfort, the more comfortable generally the heavier, I have a fox adjusta level chair which comes in at a little over 2kg but I only use it for up to 4 hour sessions

JRC X-lite Recliner.

The most comfortable chair I have owned so far and very light. I needed something that was light as I tend to fish the farthest reaches where most can't be bothered to walk. It isn't what I would call small, but it is a lot lighter than any of the smaller chairs that I have owned. Obviously it reclines too and has a high enough back to rest your head. There also isn't the bar that some chairs have that digs into the back of your legs - the cushioning is done with that elastic "rope" stuff that is used in bedchairs. I carry this chair in one hand tucked under my arm with my bait bucket in the same hand, a rucksack on my back and rods, net, banksticks, brolly etc. in a quiver in the other hand. I can walk miles like this reasonably comfortably.

Depend if you want a really light weight chair or comfort, the more comfortable generally the heavier, I have a fox adjusta level chair which comes in at a little over 2kg but I only use it for up to 4 hour sessions

Got one as well Ricky,...comfy for a medium size chair,... I find it cumbersome to carry although it comes with a decent shoulder strap .
Much easier than my original JRC recliner though.
I brought it to replace my brilliant Lafuma adjuster level which lasted 20 years and was much lighter being constructed from alloy instead of steel tubing.
If I'm heading for the long walk nowadays I just strap a fold up stool on the ruckbag,...then after an hours fishing always wish I had lugged the Fox instead!: :rolleyes:

I still have one of the Korum lightweight chairs that either sits on the ruckbag (still going strong after four years) or using a strap I acquired from ebay and fixed on with telecoms wire. Either way, it's light chair and the adjustable legs are excellent. Comfortable enough for a long session too.

I have used a chub hi lite chair for a number of years and it has never let me down, its light and strong, it must be because I aint no twiggy :D

Thank you all for your time. I'm going to have a look for all of them in the shop and on web and Flee bay. Do like the idea of the Korum one that attaches to the bag. I already have a large Korum rucksack but i find it even heavy when empty. Fox and Nash have seemed to come up a few times so i will have a gander on these too.
Thank you again for your recommendation

Third vote for the Terry Hearn Roamer but the new Trakker Levelite Transformer chair is a nice ( but pricey ! ) bit of kit and comes in a shade lighter than the latest Fox adjusta chair at 4.1kg.

JRC stealth xlite,great chair,did have a Korum which I found very uncomfortable as it dug into my back,also had a sit on the Nash Nomad which felt like would do the same

I have the Chub Hi-Lite which certainly scores on weight and I like the long legs, very handy on a sloping bank, but the back is too low for long sessions. I needed something to rest my head on, I ended up taking the Chub legs off and fitting them to the seat of my old JRC chair, frame width was the same.

Back