• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

West Country Baits

Neil Smart

Just wondered if anyone have used their products and can offer any feedback? My local tackle dealer (Bankside) do sell there range but always seem to be sold out, but that is mainly carpy baits. WCB do a range of Elips pellets, (Bankside dont stock) up to 10mm, other sizes are 2mm and 6mm, do paste and feeder mix too.

Actually ordered some 10mm so might do my own feedback...:rolleyes:, also stumbled across via son, PVA Products UK who are doing some nice and cheap PVA including refills, the quality looks good, might be worth checking out?

Don't know personally either of these companies btw, just sharing...every little helps.:)

As Anthony says.
The elips are the same as Hinders elips.
Highly recommended
A few good local anglers my way use WCB with good results.

PVA Products have been going for a while now. As it says, PVA Products make their own products so buying from them you're cutting out middle man out. I've bought stocking refills and bag. Good as any you will by and was delivered quite fast. I also got a small bag of sweets with the goods for free

Definite recommendation for PVA Products. Decent quantities on the rolls and good pricing plus often have some bargains on ebay. I think they trade on there as fishing2k

Another thumbs up for pva products, been using them for years, sometimes ebay sometimes direct from their website, have bought some absolute bargains in the past for just pennies from ebay and it really is good stuff...

Definite recommendation for PVA Products. Decent quantities on the rolls and good pricing plus often have some bargains on ebay. I think they trade on there as fishing2k

fishing20k

Just went to have a quick look and they have 43 metres of tube ending in 10 mins, currently less than a tenner.

Another vote for PVA products. They have 25mm mesh on offer at present and if you order £10+ it's free delivery too. I have ordered twice recently and delivery was the following day.
Also the mesh is more robust than most. I used to ladder ESP all the time which was wasteful, but this stuff is much better.

Me too Neil, Mark uses their stuff I know, and he's as honest as the day is long, he'll give you a fair appraisal of their stuff

Lad who owns west country baits does very well on the Severn with them as do a few others I know using there bait Neil

Shaun Hodges has a very good track record with producing good baits, the original Hinders blitz and flamin' squidz I believe were developed by him, I've used both and caught plenty on them as have many others no doubt. No reason why the West Country baits would not be decent either. I might try them as need some help catching at the mo!

Thanks Deano, as said had a bag of 10mm delivered to-day, very oily and strong smell,intend to use small qty's as feed via pva bags, and on the hook. I think the general quality of pellet has fallen of late, hopefully these will give me more confidence.

I've been trying the 10mm pellets and No 2 boilies the back end of last season, and this one. I had a couple using the boilies but nothing so far on the pellet. A caveat on my last point is that I may be fishing swims that don't contain any barbel.

Ordered the Elips pellets in two sizes after following this thread. Also a bag of their Barbel boilies. Had a Hants Avon double within 30 mins on the boilie and small bag of pellets. Thanks to all who made the recommendations.

Interestingly enough received top up today and definate change in colour from last supply. Colour now more like original elips...reddish tinge.

They seem OK'ish, don't seem to be any better than ordinary pellets as far as bite getters, currently using Sonubaits Bloodworm dumbells, and they do seem to have a more instant response, which for the roving angler is a real benefit. Seems to be as good as meat in interest, without having to worry about if the blighter has nicked the meat:)

Not cheap though.

Back