• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

11th Ousemeisters Barbel Challenge 23/9/2017

Mike Hodgkiss

Well it's that time of year again , here is an invitation to join this fun event on the Yorkshire Ouse at Newton on Ouse . This is not a fishing match per se but a social event with a prize trophy for the biggest barbel caught on the day plus other sundry rewards for the captor of other species , specifically the longest gudgeon [ bring your rulers ] and the most number of tommy Ruffe [ they have made a massive comeback in the Ouse ].There will also be a prize of a refurbished cane rod [ all my own work ] for the biggest barbel caught on the cane . Once again I am indebted to Newton AC for allowing us exclusive access to their lovely scenic stretch of the river . Meet up at 12 noon , fish 1-7 then retire to the pub for food and drink . Anyone interested either post on this thread or contact me via E mail mike.hodgkiss@googlemail.com. There is a limit of 20 entries on a first come first served basis. Cost to enter £6

I'll be at work on the west coast that day. Sorry to be missing what is a very enjoyable event.

All my recent practice wasted, and God knows I needed it! :D

Was hoping to join you guys for the first time this year, but sadly will be away on holiday. Fortunately on the banks of the Wye !
Good luck everyone.
Mike

Hi Mike
I can make it too, always a good day, seems to come aound quicker each year, I'm ok for the food and drink after, thanks for organising the day.
Regards Mark Dyer

Hi Mike,

I've managed to get cover for the afternoon so will drive over once I've finished work in the morning - worked for Dave last year!

Put me down for the fine Yorkshire dining also, today is 'Yorkshire Day' after all.

Cheers,

Gavin

I'll have a swim with a near bank feature please, canes and Speedias may get an airing this year! They seem to be a lucky combination for me on other rivers this season.

Hi Mike, please put me down for 2 places (me and my Dad).

Is this not the 12th Annual Ousemeisters though? If it is and you're offering time travel to the 11th then I'm happy with that

Is it ? OK I will take your word for it Greg , I should just call it the umpteenth Ousemeister barbel challenge from now on them I am covered :D Be great to see you and your Dad again .

I have looked for the thread for the 2015 one which was the 10th one :p

My Dad has retired in the last month or so, I am hinting about him going fishing more than once a year now!

Definitive proof ,12th it is ! Glad your dad has escaped the grind , he can come and drag me out of my bamboo grove anytime he likes and we can wander off down to the river :D

11th. Ousemeister....

Hi Mike,

Here's your 2016 notification of the annual do.... have a good 'un for the 12th.:):)

14-08-2016, 22:36

Default 11th Annual Ousemeisters Barbel challenge

How's sunny Tollerton,haven't been there for years,since BS gave upTopcliffe!!

Mike

Not quite following the gist of your post Mike but yes it is the 12th Ousemeister Barbel Challenge this year . All is well in Tollerton ,come along on the day it's a good laugh and we usually meet up in the Black Horse in Tollerton for a bite and a pint after the event

Back