Barbel Fishing World

Go Back   Barbel Fishing World Forums > Message Boards > Barbel Talk

Notices

Old 07-08-2017, 20:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Foster View Post
Mark, never attended a Barbel Society Meeting, but yes, did fish the caravan field for a few years, incredible fishing. Some exceptional anglers caught their PBís from that stretch, big fish at the time and well before pellet and boilies became the norm. Hardly use to see a soul there, apart from those in the know, but by about 93/94 it began to get very pressurised, think that was the last season I fished it. Not too sure whether Gerrards X still have it.

I did walk the top end of the Gerrard X stretch last season, from the A34 bridge downstream right around to the farm. To be honest it looked quite good, lots of ranunculus and onion reeds, the clarity was quite good, and the gravel didnít look to dirty, but it does need a hell of a lot more water as Jason has stated. Got a week of soon, might take a walk down there with a big bucket of maggots and see what happens!
Michael, Gerard's gave up there stretch down there and only have the bit at Hampton Pyle now. Kidlington have the field from the Bicester road down to the a34. I haven't seen anyone fish down that way for a long time now so you'll have it all to yourself
Old 07-08-2017, 21:13

Thanks Jason, it did look as though it had been abandoned, a lot of trees down in the water just past the A34 bridge, but once you get round the big bend it looks half decent, now its free fishing will definately give it ago.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:48

a few years back the ea flood defence team hit that stretch hard and it was shocking what they left it like, i'll have to have a walk down there myself, haven't been down for along time
Old 08-08-2017, 11:31

Its frightening how quickly nature re-establishes itself. If it's been a couple of years since it was "visited" by the EA, then it may well be overgrown again.
I guess thats why they tend to be a bit ruthless.