• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Rod

Hi can anyone recommend a 3 or 4 piece rid that breaks down to about 4foot .most I've seen are 2piece 6 foot.i sometimes travel on my bike so compact is key.thanks

what sort of rod are you after and budget

shimano do the beastmaster range in 12ft 3 sections...not a bad all round rod for the money

The Best rod I have found is the Harrison 4 piece either direct from Harrison or one of the rod builders like Peregrine or Tunley,Sliwa( I'm not sure Andy builds on Harrison blanks though)
I have a Shimano Bastmaster 10ft spinning rod I use for rolling meat but would use it for short sessions as well on the lead.

Never used them but Nash do their scope and dwarf (think its dwarf anyway) range which are two piece telescopic hybrid thing. pack down to 3ft I believe...maybe smaller. Worth a look, come in 1.75lb tc also

Just bin in local tackle shop only had 2 korum 3 piece rods about 50 quid mark.butt section was 6 foot long so it was to long I need it to be about 4 foot

I don't know the Goyt but a 12ft 3 piece multi tip should cover all eventualities.

Like I said beastmaster Dx fits the bill and the budget

Back