• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Diawa ss2600 troubles

Jon Young

Hi men
Anyone had any trouble with the line getting caught in the bail arm on these reels. Had it snap on me 3 times now at the reel when going to reel in. Last time it happened I noticed the line was caught under the plastic on the side of where it runs through the bail arm. Anyone else had this? Only had the reel less than 2 weeks

I have got 2 jon...not a problem with mine ...only problem I have I don't use them ...hence that's why I am selling them ..very very good reels

Didn't like them at all sold them, 80's reels ...have an inherent 'wobble'. Each to their own, they do look flashy.

Line wasn't overloaded. Guess it could be twisted but Iv never had a problem with any reel iv ever spooled up before. Iv ordered some new line to try and if it happens again it's goin back. The line is actually getting stuck on the side of the where it runs through under the plastic on the side. I did wonder if the line was too thin for it but it says on the reel it can take x amount of .3 diameter line and mine is .33 or so it says

I've been using one floater fishing for carp for quite a few years and never had any issues. Good solid reels in my opinion, bit of wobble yes but they come into their own when playing big fish. Fantastic clutch and good line lay.

Not had any problems with mine. Is the line overloaded or got a lot of twist in it?

No John, it's a built in 'feature' for these reels :) But it doesn't impact the performance I am sure.

Quite a story with these reels to be discontinued, and then have such a following that they were re-launched, think it was Kevin Maddox that influenced that.

Other tackle manufacturers should take heed.

I'm sure I read an article on these reels saying they were factory set for the American spinning market, something to do with poor line lay using mono, apparently they have extra fibre washers in the box for the spool to fix the problem, I'll see if I can dig up the artical

Back