• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Bait droppers

Jason Bean

Now seymo have stopped doing them is there any thing else out there that's as durable and will take a over head cast?

There is a spomb conversion by Christophe Pelhate of the barbel society designed to be cast and to open on the bottom instead of on the surface like the normal spombs.

These ones, yes they look the nuts, I've read the guys that have been using them saying there the best ever bait dropper.I want some.

Attachments

• _20170827_231915.JPG
    _20170827_231915.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,512
Used mine for the first time the other day was quite impressed.

I had a look Ray....the only listing I could find for them were selling other types.

Mike...I'll give them a bell, do you know when they're closing and is there any good deals going?

I had a look Ray....the only listing I could find for them were selling other types.

Mike...I'll give them a bell, do you know when they're closing and is there any good deals going?

Jason, think he shuts first week of October, not too sure what's happening with the stock. Very sad day for fishing, end of an era.

These ones, yes they look the nuts, I've read the guys that have been using them saying there the best ever bait dropper.I want some.

Yes, me too. I'm down to my last Seymo dropper and dreading what will happen when I inevitably lose it. I've got a few Dinsmores but they really are dreadful. (They fail to open properly about 50% of the time).

I've tried to find Christophe Pelhate on Facebook but only found stuff in French and it looks like a different individual altogether as there's no mention of angling. Any idea how to contact the right CP?

He was selling them at the Barbel Society show back in June. I had a look at one, I'm not so sure about them, with the fins etc. I'd question how quickly they'd reach the bottom on the Lower Severn with 10ft on it, my Seymo's go straight down, I don't think the Pelhate ones would.

they're also £20 a pop.....not exactly cheap.

Yes, me too. I'm down to my last Seymo dropper and dreading what will happen when I inevitably lose it. I've got a few Dinsmores but they really are dreadful. (They fail to open properly about 50% of the time).

I've tried to find Christophe Pelhate on Facebook but only found stuff in French and it looks like a different individual altogether as there's no mention of angling. Any idea how to contact the right CP?

Steve, this is the CP that does them:-

https://www.facebook.com/christophe.pelhate.1

JC

well luckily just got the last 4 seymo's from JK tackle...with 20% off as they're closing down.

didn't realise that seymo had actually been shut down due to the main company being bought out by sports direct...so there's a market out there for a well built larger dropper, something dinsmores could perhaps do seeing as they re done the thamsely.

Back