• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Filling feeders

Wayne Pevy

Whats everyones ideas on this,i usually put dampened pellet/hemp plus flavour in an open end one,but do you think dry pellet and plug with ground bait is more effective,just find the first one is easier and less messing about,up the middle severn for a couple of days tomorrow so hoping for a few ideas,thanks

I think its even easier to use a blockend and fill with 3mm and 4mm pellets, just as effective imo and no messing with ground bait.

Hi Wayne,

I find using scalded pellets (various sizes) in a open end feeder works well as you can pack the feeder tight to release flavour but no food items when needed or pack it loose so all the feed exits the feeder, this allows to take the same prepared bait and then adapt to the conditions and how I want fish when I'm on the bank.

I have also been trying the Korum river feeders and these again work well when you don't want much feed to enter the swim but still want attraction.

Cheers

Marcus

Back