• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

problems with chair on rucksack

Jonathan Jones

Hi guys do you have a korum chair and rucksack and find straps of rucksack so tight and that the padded shoulder traps come past top of shoulder so the pull cord of strap lies on top of shoulder and really digs into you! The cord whot clips across from shoulder strap to the other strap is under neck almost"

just very uncomfortable really :(

Jonathan

Do you mean the ruckbag with the chair that slips in between your back and the bag?

If so, then no - I don't have the same problem.

Have you got the chair facing the right way? The canvas side should be on your back whilst the legs and exposed frame of the chair should be against the bag.

Are you using the right chair? As far as I can recall, it ONLY takes the Roving and Supalight chairs

Are you using the right bag? A lot of their bags are rather confusingly named, and some of them look very similar in picture form. I think it's only the Roving and Compact ruckbags that take chairs - none of their other bags do.

If you bought the roving kit, then the above is all moot and perhaps you either aren't setting it up quite right, have a faulty bag or, without wanting to cause any offence, have a...shall we say "different" body shape and size that doesn't lend itself to such a combination.

I have the old accessory chair and the roving ruckbag. I had a set of shoulder strap I bought for my old chair so just drop the legs off the chair and hook the ruckbag over the frame of the chair. The frame of the chair sits comfortably at the base of my back.

Jonathan, click on this link and have scroll down the images:

https://www.korum.co.uk/products/luggage/deluxe-ruckbag

Thanks for the link! yes that's how iv had the chair with legs facing down and frame into ruckbag" Iv got the old accessory chair not new one! and ruckbag with hard back panel with a good size zip pocket on top and bottom where black handles are!

think its because I'm extending the straps full and when I put over shoulders the ruckbag/chair is sitting to low" making straps pull up over/near top of my shoulders!

every time I put over shoulders know! The dam clips on bottom of shoulder straps keep opening up and ruckbag falls of shoulders :mad:

are the clips a week point with Korum??

Jonathan, I think it's the wrong chair to use with a ruckbag as Steve has already intimated. The bag was designed to be used with lightweight chairs if I'm not mistaken.

Back