• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Catch Cult 4

Martin Mumby

Catch Cult 1, 2 and 3 were very well received and our advertisers continue to support us for CC4, 5 and 6.
We are very grateful, and continue our hard work trying to produce the finest 'all-round' angling magazine out there.
Catch Cult 4 goes to print next week and should be available soon where subscriptions will be available.
Details available on the website: www.catchcult.co.uk
Once again there is a great mix of material and in CC4 there hopefully will be something of interest to all anglers.
Steve Double writes about his attempt to catch a 15lb barbel from the Loddon.
Chub legend Iain Nairn describes his methods and tactics throughout a typical chub season.
Karl Gidney tells his tale of early beginnings boat fishing up to the 'state of the art craft' he now uses.
Matthew Fernandez describes his early crucian carp fishing with his Grandad and some recent monsters.
With the pike season approaching Ian Crook tells us all we need to know about echo sounders.
Danny Taylor writes about barbel and otters, hunters by moonlight.
Gavin Barrett carp fishes and catches the baby parrot and the parrot!
Terry Theobald delivers his usual diary piece including barbel. John Otway plays at his 60th birthday bash.
Paul Hiom writes about zander on the lower Severn.
Martin J Founds describes the lure of the Yukon.
Phil Wakeford chases marlin in Mexico and gets one!
All this plus the usual reviews etc
We would like to express our gratitude to Andy Frances and all at BFW for their continued support of Catch Cult.

Just a quick one.

Subscriptions to CC4, 5 and 6 are now available on the website:
www.catchcult.co.uk

Edition 4 is expected to be posted out during first week of October.

Hi Martin, just ordered CC4, 5, and 6. :)
Could you please remember to put " Do Not Bend " on the front of the envelope. :) My postie is a proper door handle. ;):D

Many Thanks
Derek.

Will do Derek, ��

Hi Martin, you forgot the " DO NOT BEND " message on the envelope. Luckily, i had spotted the postman walking up the path, he was just about to "BEND IT" as i opened the door. I asked him in future not to bend any large envelopes that won't fit through the letterbox, his reply, and i quote, " If it does not have do not bend on the envelope, i and other posties will do our best to get it through the letterbox" .

I honestly think a " do not bend " stamp on the envelope, is more important than the " Catch Cult " stamp.

Regards
Derek.

Mmm, sorry about that Derek. Reason is I don't post them out and although I mentioned it to Rob when you have hundreds to post out it gets tricky! I will pass on your comment as it's a good idea.

Have to say that Edition 4 looks superb now we have gone over to litho and the quality is up! CC4 and subscriptions available on:
www.catchcult.co.uk
Selling fast so get in now to avoid disappointment.
Starting work on CC5 and quality of writing is top notch.

Received my copy today....looks great

Cheers men, hope you enjoy! Have to say they are a reserved lot on BFW nowadays and for the third time of asking, here at Catch Cult, we would welcome anybody to contribute to the magazine if they feel they have something to offer.

Martin,

Love the new look of the magazine and the articles remain top notch, particularly liked the chub fishing and crucian ones in CC4. The one thing that lets it down for me, particularly given the general quality of the printing and articles, is the poor proof reading.

I accept that you are on a tight budget but some of the errors are very basic and should be ironed out by having a good proof reader to pick up the grammatical and spelling errors. I may be a fussy bugger but mistakes like those in CC grate with me and take the gloss off what is in all other respects the best angling mag we've had since the early days of Coarse Angling Today.

Dave

I agree with Dave, the proof reading needs attention. Other than that, another excellent read and the improvement in quality is another plus point. Great magazine.

Nick C

Thanks for your comments Dave and Nick and glad you like the look of CC4.
Your comments re proof reading are taken well and truly onboard and I can assure you we will be trying as hard as we can to improve things. It's no excuse, but our regular proof reader was not available during CC4 and also all of this is new to us and we are learning as things progress. Please keep constructive comments like this coming because it's the only way we can work on improving Catch Cult and our aim is perfection...we will never achieve that but will work very hard trying!
Cheers, Martin

Back