• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Whose good for pellets?

Chris Thomson

Hi, now that hinders original elipse pellets are no longer available whose are good to replace them? Im going to use the "glue two back to back" method so looking for a similar shape, cheers

I recently have been using both the WCB and the Hinders 'Elipse'. I have had some success on the Hinders, but I drill mine, not keen on using glue. The WCB are a nice looking pellet, mid brown in colour and oily, however I find that on the hook they break down a little too quickly, but seem to have some fish pulling qualities loose fed or in a PVA mesh.

I would certainly give both a go, quality... the Hinders works out a little over £8 for 2 kilos, so reasonable.

Whoops, just binned 15kg of Hinders last run of Elips (the eliptical ones). Although some volunteers seemed happy enough to take them. Just couldn't justify the freezer space :-(

Whoops, just binned 15kg of Hinders last run of Elips (the eliptical ones). Although some volunteers seemed happy enough to take them. Just couldn't justify the freezer space :-(
Sounds like your on to a super pellet now Bob? Or boilies

Bob....binned? Really? Binned the one wonder bait that has never blown!!!! You could have sold those on ebay for an absolute mint!

Bob....binned? Really? Binned the one wonder bait that has never blown!!!! You could have sold those on ebay for an absolute mint!
Just got fed up with them taking up space as still got some of the originals (the orange ones) in the freezer, along with some Bfw Salips (IMO a better bait).
Forgot to say, it was almost 15kg of each - small, medium and large.
Tried quite a few times to give them away. Me and a few mates did some panic buying when they were discontnued.

Over the years, caught more barbel on boilies and traditional baits on my local stretches.
All the best,
Bob

Whats peoples preferred method of fishing pellet in a heavy weed situation where small hooks and light hooklinks would be tested ?

Just got fed up with them taking up space as still got some of the originals (the orange ones) in the freezer, along with some Bfw Salips (IMO a better bait).
Forgot to say, it was almost 15kg of each - small, medium and large.
Tried quite a few times to give them away. Me and a few mates did some panic buying when they were discontnued.

Over the years, caught more barbel on boilies and traditional baits on my local stretches.
All the best,
Bob

Please tell me this is a wind up? :eek:

Salips well if you ever need to clear more space I'm there Bob.

Hinders Chris. Why change because of the shape, the recipe is still the same.
I cut a flat on 2 large cylindrical elips and glue them back to back on the hair.
Job done and results no different

Salips well if you ever need to clear more space I'm there Bob.
Next time I delve to the bottom of the freezer, I'll look you out a couple of kilos of Salips Clive. Also have a kilo of the eliptical halibuts (16mm - yes eliptical 16's) sold as Bfw Halips and a great catcher of fish.

Three 10mm elips (new shape) drilled and hair-rigged worked for me last week.

Bob, if you're ever getting rid of anything else, you know who we are! :)

Bob-does freezing pellets have any real effect on them in your opinion?
I asked Hinders the same question, & their reply was a bit...vague, to say the least!
Regards,
Rod

Back