• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

big river reels under £100

Andrew Richardson

Senior Member & Supporter
hi all im after a couple of new big river reels so if anybodys got any input it would be much appreciated. ive had a look at the penn slammers and they look the favorites at the moment.

Andrew
I have 4 slammers, replaced my trusty old Abu 55s with them, if they are intended for heavy feeder or lead work then I would recommend you get them. Make sure you get the liveliners, makes life a lot easier having no reverse. Excellent clutches and bomb proof!

has anyone had anything to do with diawa emblem br25a. it looks the part but will it last?

Andrew, there like rocking horse poo, but if ya can get hold of a couple of shimano 3500b's, you've got exactly what you need. :)

If you have the rods, match them up with a pair of medium longcasts if you can.

I have three of the penn live liners and they are bomb proof. i have had catfish to over 110lbs on them, really can't fault them.

Back