Barbel Fishing World

Go Back   Barbel Fishing World Forums > Message Boards > Barbel Talk

Notices

Old 17-10-2017, 13:14

Default wader repair

well my new feature finding chest waders sprung a leak last night and my right foot was full of water. only bought them last week off ebay from fishing mad and they were the bison heavy duty ones.

a friend recommended them to me and to be honest very impressed for the money barring the leak.

so contacted fishing mad who replied fill them with water, find the leak and then send us pics. I did find the leak and it was obvious that it was my fault as it was a tear. so sent them the pics and said I'll understand if you don't cover them under guarantee and if so can you sell me a wader repair kit suited for these waders.

straight the way I got a reply we'll send you new ones today...well chuffed I believe the company is newmill angling and with this dealing with them i'll use them in the future.

so now i'll have a spare set of waders which I need to repair...anyone done this before and no of the best way to do it/

cheers
Old 17-10-2017, 15:26

There's a well known repairer near Dover. His name slips my mind at the moment but Bob comes forward. He's top notch having repaired a pair for me and altering the length on another pair.
I've got a pair of breathable stockingfoot waders from Bison. Lasted me over 5 years of river and sea fishing, touch wood I've had no leaks at all. Good value for the money.
Old 17-10-2017, 16:35

This might be worth a try Jason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xzN6FM5x_E
Old 17-10-2017, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Tutt View Post
There's a well known repairer near Dover. His name slips my mind at the moment but Bob comes forward. He's top notch having repaired a pair for me and altering the length on another pair.
I've got a pair of breathable stockingfoot waders from Bison. Lasted me over 5 years of river and sea fishing, touch wood I've had no leaks at all. Good value for the money.
Here he is... heard nothing but good stuff about him...

https://sites.google.com/site/wadersrepairs/

Dave
Old 17-10-2017, 17:53

Get yourself some Aquasure wader repair, put the waders on a table, flatten the waders around the tear put something flat and non sticky inside(like a piece of plastic on a book) stretch the waders tight and secure/weight down so they stay flat.Blob the Aquasure along the tear making sure you are generous and overlapping both sides.Leave to dry and them repeat for the inside,so you get a double seal.Worked for a pair of chest waders a couple of months ago.There are good instructions in the aquasure box
Old 17-10-2017, 21:42

Check out DiverDaves Wader Repair service, been recommended on here before.
Old 17-10-2017, 22:46

What you want for 30 Jason?!
My first breathables were Bison's, they sound a bargain but in reality they're a bit sh*te. Get yourself a pair of refurbs from Diver Dave.
Old 17-10-2017, 22:52

Diver Dave does indeed provide a wonderful service but at 40 for a repair it's not worth it for 30 waders. Aquasure is good stuff. A sealant used in the building trade called CT1 would be as good or better but you need to buy a tube for 10 or 12quid and use a cage gun.
I'd second getting a pair of refurbs from Diver Dave, better than new and half the price for quality breathables.
Old 18-10-2017, 06:52

Thing is i’ll very rarely use them for fishing, mainly for working in the river which I was doing when I damaged the new ones which in all honesty what I was doing would have damaged any decent waders.

The shop are letting me keep the old ones and sending me out a new pair which i’ll Keep for fishing and i’ll repair the old ones and use them for mucking about in. I have ordered the aquasure as I think I’ll be needing plenty more of it. So I paid 30 for 2 pairs.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Swaby View Post
Get yourself some Aquasure wader repair, put the waders on a table, flatten the waders around the tear put something flat and non sticky inside(like a piece of plastic on a book) stretch the waders tight and secure/weight down so they stay flat.Blob the Aquasure along the tear making sure you are generous and overlapping both sides.Leave to dry and them repeat for the inside,so you get a double seal.Worked for a pair of chest waders a couple of months ago.There are good instructions in the aquasure box
repaired them with the aquasure and so far so good!