• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Lower Itchen fish

Incredible Itchen Fish.

Yes Dave. One of his favourite swims to. Fished it with the Club a couple of times as well as giving a talk to the club members once. Was DC along this time?

Incredible Itchen Fish.

Yes Dave. One of his favourite swims to. Fished it with the Club a couple of times as well as giving a talk to the club members once. Was DC along this time?

Apparently witnessed by DC.

Yes, it's a known fish, but it's getting very big :)

A great fish, by any standards. Well done.....

I digress, but imagine all fish when they reach that weight (or 15lb+, depending on the river) attain the 'known fish' status. I wonder if the phenomena of fewer and bigger fish has precipitated that concept?

Incredible Itchen Fish.

Was weighed and and witnessed by Dave and myself. Dave is pretty sure it was the same fish he lost last year!.

A great fish, by any standards. Well done.....

I digress, but imagine all fish when they reach that weight (or 15lb+, depending on the river) attain the 'known fish' status. I wonder if the phenomena of fewer and bigger fish has precipitated that concept?

Very good point, whilst these big fish are fabulous, I wonder what is the balance of smaller males and females?

Well done Tel. Surprised you'd stopped laughing long enough to land it. Its put on a bit of weight since last visiting the bank. Take care

Back