• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Xtracta barbel

Ben Jennings

I saw an advert for this saying as they do how good it is etc.... I've heard from a few people that they really rate it, and as my time on the bank is limited I want something I can just grab a bag of and head out to the bank. Have any of you got any views on this bait?

Probably a good bet but plenty of similiar ready-made baits - nice that the range of support baits is extensive.
Buy it, use it with confidence in the right places in the right way and you will catch!

Well late season I bought a bag n block of paste only because in my rush n excitement to get on the river I left my John bakers on the side in the kitchen!!!
Smells good has a fishmeal with a back tone of frankfurter sausage.
One of them baits you open up n think yep this will catch fish???
The chub loved it can't say for barbel as I didn't but worth a spin if you wanna grab n go
Mark

Same as Mark I bought some at the back end and thought it smelled awesome! Caught Chub up to 6.14 but had loads of bites (almost certainly Chub) on it. I reckon only a matter of time before a Barbel grabs hold;)

Last edited:
Had reasonable success on them on the Severn last part of the season

Do smell nice but the Severn fish love boilies but planning to give them a go on some different venues in the new season.

Bw

Back