• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Korum roving kit

and 1p posting from TC.

The postman may take some time and effort getting that lot it through your letterbox. The 1p carriage only applies to letterbox size items. I believe that TC has now made this a stipulation for this offer! They are very helpful at TC, may be worth a chat with them re postage.

Where does it actually say that the whole kit weighs 3kg ? If you look at the box, the only mention of 3kg is on the red stripe in the corner...and under that is says 'accessory chair'. Having looked on the Korum site add for that product, the weight is not mentioned at all...I would think it would be if they were claiming that, because it would be a real selling point.

Another confusing bit about it is what exactly you would be getting. On the description of the items included, is lists 'Roving chair', + the bag and sling. On the red stripe where it says 3kg, it says 'Accessory chair'. So...are the accessory chair and the roving chair one and the same thing? If so, why does it have two names? If it isn't, why do they tell you the weight of the accessory chair....on the box containing the roving kit :confused:

I know I get more and more confused the older I get...but things like this don't help :D

Cheers, Dave.

even if the chair and bag is 3kg, still very light, no idea how robust the chair is for big boned types...lol

Last edited:
even if the chair and bag is 3kg, still very light, no idea how robust the chair is for fattys.

Definitely not PC!

My chair started off quite light. The chair was just too flimsy and I had some angle iron welded in for added strength. I tend to use a barrow to lug the chair around these days, that is, if I can't fish out of the back of the car.

And as for your post, Dave, Aaaaarrrg. You and I need to get a life. Switch off BFW during the day and only allow, say, 30 min at some specific time in the evening. If you/me miss our slots, too bad, there can be no rolling up that missed time for another occasion. If there are extenuating circumstances, then this has to be agreed with a time moderator ie you for me and vice versa.

Definitely not PC!

My chair started off quite light. The chair was just too flimsy and I had some angle iron welded in for added strength. I tend to use a barrow to lug the chair around these days, that is, if I can't fish out of the back of the car.

Was your chair the chair that's included in this kit as I think this is very cheap for what's included!!!!

I have the 'lightweight' Korum chair and weigh over 15st. No problems so far. I bought a shoulder strap from fleabay and it works a treat. This deal looks good, though I'm not a fan of shoulder bags; either a rucksack or military-style belt.

Where does it actually say that the whole kit weighs 3kg ? If you look at the box, the only mention of 3kg is on the red stripe in the corner...and under that is says 'accessory chair'. Having looked on the Korum site add for that product, the weight is not mentioned at all...I would think it would be if they were claiming that, because it would be a real selling point.

Another confusing bit about it is what exactly you would be getting. On the description of the items included, is lists 'Roving chair', + the bag and sling. On the red stripe where it says 3kg, it says 'Accessory chair'. So...are the accessory chair and the roving chair one and the same thing? If so, why does it have two names? If it isn't, why do they tell you the weight of the accessory chair....on the box containing the roving kit :confused:

I know I get more and more confused the older I get...but things like this don't help :D

Cheers, Dave.

It looks like the legs don't fold in, as they do on the lightweight accessory chair. Just "hug" the bag instead.

Also Korum are running a competition at the moment, and the question relates to the weight of the chair. So they're not trying to claim the kit weighs 3kg. It is only the chair.

The postman may take some time and effort getting that lot it through your letterbox. The 1p carriage only applies to letterbox size items. I believe that TC has now made this a stipulation for this offer! They are very helpful at TC, may be worth a chat with them re postage.

It looks as though, TC, have lifted the restriction and 1p delivery for anything. But I think that it finishes tomorrow.

I've got an old Terry Hern rover chair which is lighter than that, I might fix it up with shoulder straps as the concept is great.
It reminds me of the old frame rucksack I had as a teenager doing ten tors 40 years ago.

I have the 'lightweight' Korum chair and weigh over 15st. No problems so far. I bought a shoulder strap from fleabay and it works a treat. This deal looks good, though I'm not a fan of shoulder bags; either a rucksack or military-style belt.
I think the whole point of this is that it's NOT a shoulder bag. The bag slots into the legs of the chair so the chair + bag become a single rucksack. Quite ingenious really.

I like the idea and a big thumbs up to korum for trying to be imaginative. Personally I use a Korum Ruckbag with my Fox Adjusta chair clipped to it which basically does a similar thing to this kit (the Fox chair is heavier but more comfortable). The advantage of the ruckbag is that it's flat so you can plonk it down on a steep bank and it doesn't roll down into the river :D The Fox chair plus the Ruckbag plus a Gardner Roving Sling cost about £110, a little more than this deal.

I've got a ruck bag as well and do find the top opening useful. But being a frail old soul I do find it a bit heavy. It could well find it's way onto ebay before long.

Iv received the kit 2day and I must say I'm very impressed the seat seems very sturdy for the weight and the bags got plenty of room in it, it all fits together very compact! The quiver has got a reel protector built on which I think is a must, so all in all I'm very pleased and for £89 of eBay it's a very good price of kit!

I think the whole point of this is that it's NOT a shoulder bag. The bag slots into the legs of the chair so the chair + bag become a single rucksack. Quite ingenious really.

I like the idea and a big thumbs up to korum for trying to be imaginative. Personally I use a Korum Ruckbag with my Fox Adjusta chair clipped to it which basically does a similar thing to this kit (the Fox chair is heavier but more comfortable). The advantage of the ruckbag is that it's flat so you can plonk it down on a steep bank and it doesn't roll down into the river :D The Fox chair plus the Ruckbag plus a Gardner Roving Sling cost about £110, a little more than this deal.

*laughing*.....ah, I completely misunderstood. :)

roving kit

Iv received the kit 2day and I must say I'm very impressed the seat seems very sturdy for the weight and the bags got plenty of room in it, it all fits together very compact! The quiver has got a reel protector built on which I think is a must, so all in all I'm very pleased and for £89 of eBay it's a very good price of kit!

Are the components of this kit all the same as the items that are available separate ?
If so it appears to be a good deal chair looks the same as the lightweight accessory chair not sure the bag and quiver are the same as the separate items though.
Did some more digging and the korum light weight chair Is quoted at weighing 4.5kg and the roving chair in the kit Is quoted as being 3 kg.
I am also suitably confused but working on the principal that If an offer appears to be to good to be true It probably Is, I cannot help thinking the kit items are not the same spec as the separates.
Anyone throw any light on the subject?

Back