• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fish of the Month for November 2012

Please vote for your favourite:

• Nene - 17lb 8oz

Votes: 28 44.4%
  • Dorset Stour - 14lb 12oz

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • Warks Avon - 13lb 10oz

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Colne - 15lb 5oz

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Tame - 14lb 8oz (RR)

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy Frances

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

Here are the nominations for the November 2012 Fish of the Month competition sponsored by Pallatrax.

Don't forget to add the weight of your fish to your gallery entries to ensure they're eligible for the competition. I don't include fish stated simply as 'double', even though they're obviously potential winners.

Many thanks to Pallatrax who offer a fantastic prize to the winner every month.

50c760ce14e1b.jpg

Nene - 17lb 8oz

50a044fbe23db.jpg

Dorset Stour - 14lb 12oz

50a57b34be674.jpg

Warks Avon - 13lb 10oz

50a976965a0d3.jpg

Colne - 15lb 5oz

5141c69940288.jpg

Tame - 14lb 8oz (RR)

mmmmmmm....:) I always wonder what we vote for here as fish of month !
Biggest fish, best looking fish, biggest smile, daylight or dark caught, longest barbules or just best wow factor....my vote, 'cos it ticks more than one of my boxes, goes to...........The Stour beauty.......well done all others..:)

a 17 is a rare fish anywhere, and gets my vote, but if there was a beautiful photo competition, it would have to be the stour fish - lovely fish, and the photo really shows it off to it's best.

Ian.

Is there no way that Decembers, Januarys, Februarys and Marchs could all be caught up on before the season starts? Get it back up and running in a more timely and relevant fashion as it were.

As in, at the time of Nigels catch off the Nene it was thought of as one of the best barbel catches ever. Now, it is only just seen as better than a daytime fish!

Normally I vote for junior members/youngsters as the freebies will mean alot more to them than the adults who have been entered. But in this instance Im intrigued as to why Nigels fish hasnt run away with it?

Ash,
As I pointed out earlier, slightly tongue in cheek, we all have different ways of measuring the criteria for our vote. Yes, you're correct in saying that Nigels was the best catch of big Barbel of all time.(to date)..certainly beyond what I can ever expect to achieve or even dream about...But, I for one am judging what is before me and although it's a tremendous fish I don't feel that the picture is the most pleasing. I don't expect you to agree with me as I say we all have our own yardstick but I think that is why Nigel hasn't run away with it....there's many a politician however who would like a 9% lead in the poles!

Last edited:
Oops, I wasnt meaning to criticise peoples differening opinions Bill, rather just pointing out that relevance can get lost when dealing with Novembers fishes in May of the next year. Anyway, Andy et al are on the case so its sorted!

ATB

Could it be two months in a row for fish from the Nene? That would be a big achievement from a river which is probably not the first one that comes to mind when thinking of barbel.

Nigel has had a stunning season and he (and this fish) deserve to win.

Back