• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Whitlock landing net

Try Google I just did and nailors fishing came up on the search. Simples

If they are able to obtain them I would be utterly astounded.

Davis tackle came up in the search aswell Chris

Have you tried ''Sharpes'' of Aberdeen, they do the whitlock frames and a number of different meshes. Aimed mainly at the salmon anglers but i think they may have what you need.

Have you tried ''Sharpes'' of Aberdeen, they do the whitlock frames and a number of different meshes. Aimed mainly at the salmon anglers but i think they may have what you need.

I've rang them, and the chap said they haven't made them for a few years now, allegedly.

I have a Ron Thompson Flip & Lock frame stainless block that folds via a catch. No net just the frame if your interested.

The Whitlocks are very heavy and the mesh is a bit too wide for me.

I have been using the Wychwood salmon folding net for a few seasons without too much trouble. The handle could be longer but is manageable. Pretty cheap too!

Regards,

Jeff

I have a Ron Thompson Flip & Lock frame stainless block that folds via a catch. No net just the frame if your interested.

i do as well apart it falling apart in 2 minutes and having to glue it back together, it's good now..lol:p

I have a whitlock and I love it, I would agree with Jeff that it's a little heavy but I'm young and strong so it's not a problem, also all the parts are quite, industrial, meaning if anything breaks you can pretty much make your own replacement parts.

Have a look at the McCleans Salmon Weigh Net, its a belter if you don't mind paying

Back