• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA swoop on EE's

Neil Smart

Walking back to the car park at dusk yesterday at Pershore, I noticed a group of chaps fishing, and the fact they were Eastern European was a the standard default option that they must be fishing without any licence whatsoever :) However I did not ask them for there BAA card, instead I thought I would load my kit back in the van and return and then ask.

In the car park out of the gloom came a huge figure towering over me and dressed in a very fetching hi viz and c/w with two others with no hair and stab vests. I am done for I thought and my faulty horn on the Combo has finally caught up with me:eek: But they merely asked for my rod licence and the hi viz giant was no more then genial Chris Ponsford :)

Of course I pointed them in the direction of our Iron Curtain anglers, and ten minutes later they arrived back in the car park carrying a array of rods and gear that was loaded into the EA van, and statements were to be made.

NICKED!!!!

Well done Chris and mates...Made my day. :p

We get a bit of unwanted activity around these parts but the local Polish guys have set up their own association.

They seem to have a very different approach to the other easter Europeans (Lithuanians, Latvians etc.).

Take a look at their website: Polish Anglers Association-PAA,fishing,angling,Polish Anglers Association - PAA,wedkarstwo w Anglii, wedkarstwo w UK, fishing in england, fishing in the UK,w

I am grateful to Rado, one of their members, who weighed and photographed my PB caught on opening day when I had forgotten my camera and the batteries in my scales were dead.

They were poachers being eastern European is totally irrelevant

They were poachers being eastern European is totally irrelevant

Really? Well at least there gear is gone, as you can bet whatever they will be no show for the courts.

Like I say I always default to thinking all EE's are poaching, strange that, whatever has put that notion in my head :rolleyes:

Neil. Last time I looked Poland was in the political block known as Eastern Europe. The Polish anglers association deserve applause for what they are aiming to achieve. How do you think my mate Mikael looks at this board with the prevalent attitudes you epitomise. Mikael has fished with me aboard my boat for Pike, Barbel and Zeds and has been practicing our style of catch and release angling ever since he helped me launch my boat on a very difficult slip and I asked him if he fancied an hour or two fishing a nearby wierpool inaccessible by land. I told him from the off it was catch and release on my boat and when I explained that was the way we did it in the UK he has fished this way here ever since. He like loads of other foreign anglers believed we wanted the fish all to ourselves and were excluding him and his like while filling our freezers. He is a real good guy and he was a real good guy before he met me, He just did not believe that we adhered to a concept that was total alien to him.

A bigoted mind?

Get real, ask the EA officials the blokes on the ground who they have to deal with more than anyone else, to deny that these groups are not a problem in not buying a rod license is just plain avoiding the truth. I am not a Bigot thank you very much and plainly that is directed at me, you really should withdraw that remark I think. I have encountered quite a few Eastern Europeans on this stretch, and I have always challenged them, and on a few occasions it has been in the close season, and I remember once they had a BBQ with the fish they had caught from the weir pool.
Another angler I was talking to was threatened with violence too, again they were EE's so yes if it is all right with you my default position is one of see a EE and I will consider him without either a BAA card or a EA license, I am afraid the past experiences have fashioned these thoughts.
Of course you told us on here you kicked off similar on your franchised bit, and you also mentioned they didn't argue with a man with a shotgun, or similar, didn't you?
I don't carry a shotgun, I am just me, you tell us how much of a man you are (squat press up's etc, French Foreign Legion , the list is endless, and you call me a Bigot you fraud!!!

Neil. Last time I looked Poland was in the political block known as Eastern Europe. The Polish anglers association deserve applause for what they are aiming to achieve. How do you think my mate Mikael looks at this board with the prevalent attitudes you epitomise. Mikael has fished with me aboard my boat for Pike, Barbel and Zeds and has been practicing our style of catch and release angling ever since he helped me launch my boat on a very difficult slip and I asked him if he fancied an hour or two fishing a nearby wierpool inaccessible by land. I told him from the off it was catch and release on my boat and when I explained that was the way we did it in the UK he has fished this way here ever since. He like loads of other foreign anglers believed we wanted the fish all to ourselves and were excluding him and his like while filling our freezers. He is a real good guy and he was a real good guy before he met me, He just did not believe that we adhered to a concept that was total alien to him.

Believe I talk to all anglers whatever Nationality, and I see the Angler first not where he was borne, and like you some are real nice too, but I regret the facts speak for themselves with regard to where the real problem lies, to pretend there is not a problem with this group is head in the sand, it is not being racist a bigot or whatever, we need to set an example to the rest in what happened last night, but I doubt if they will attend court will they? So I will broadcast it on here and hope the message gets through to everyone who does not buy a license, I mean if we don't care who will??

Wow neil I can't believe how bigoted and racist you are like ben says if you go to the lower teme and you saw English speaking natives poaching would you post tbere nationality? ???

Nationality has nothing to do with it if your a poacher your a poacher.

Here endeth the first lesson

Get real, ask the EA officials the blokes on the ground who they have to deal with more than anyone else, to deny that these groups are not a problem in not buying a rod license is just plain avoiding the truth. I am not a Bigot thank you very much and plainly that is directed at me, you really should withdraw that remark I think. I have encountered quite a few Eastern Europeans on this stretch, and I have always challenged them, and on a few occasions it has been in the close season, and I remember once they had a BBQ with the fish they had caught from the weir pool.
Another angler I was talking to was threatened with violence too, again they were EE's so yes if it is all right with you my default position is one of see a EE and I will consider him without either a BAA card or a EA license, I am afraid the past experiences have fashioned these thoughts.
Of course you told us on here you kicked off similar on your franchised bit, and you also mentioned they didn't argue with a man with a shotgun, or similar, didn't you?
I don't carry a shotgun, I am just me, you tell us how much of a man you are (squat press up's etc, French Foreign Legion , the list is endless, and you call me a Bigot you fraud!!!

Never once mentioned press ups I any posts. I await your apology

Back