• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

R.I.P KEV Green

Bloody hell. He was about my age :( never forget him losing that massive perch on the predators programme. His enthusiasm was infectious.

RIP

Bloody hell. He was about my age :( never forget him losing that massive perch on the predators programme. His enthusiasm was infectious.

RIP

I remember that too - was so gutted for him. One of those who wore his heart on his sleeve - really enthusiastic. I remember him on Lake Windermere as part of that same series lure fishing for pike. It was like he'd just discovered fishing for the first time. Great telly.

Poor guy. And you have to feel for his family. I believe his youngest son wasn't even a year old.

Life is so cruel sometimes.

That really is sad, devastating for his family. Don't know what got him, whether it was sudden or had been a while coming so that they were prepared....either way, a tragedy for them.

Dave.

I spoke to Kev last year at the post office stretch on the open day what Albert organised. I believe he was filming in France early today. Sad to here.

Kev was I think around 39 and died of a Brain Tumor , apparently it was inoperable so he chose to spend his last months with his family and doing some fishing.

Since i passed 40 each semi serious illness has provoked fear of the big c because of awful stories like this. Carpe diem lads.

RIP Kev liked him on TV not an instant fishing star or top angler but grew into it year by year getting better and better a really good style in front of the camera. Real shame for his family likable chap.

I remember an elderly angler coming into a local tackle shop after a couple of hours on the riverbank - 'Any good?' I asked. 'No, absolutely **** - and I hope I'm still saying the same thing next year!' he replied.

Remember, we're all mortal. Life is precious!

Back