Barbel Fishing World

Go Back   Barbel Fishing World Forums > Message Boards > Barbel Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2014, 12:06

Default somerley estate

Ive just read that christchurch angling clug have been given a years notice to quit the somerley stretch, is this old news ive missed?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on Facebook
Old 14-01-2014, 14:22

I'm to gutted to talk about it Chris

Last edited by Dave Taylor; 14-01-2014 at 20:04.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!Share on Facebook
Old 14-01-2014, 15:17

Google - Avon Diary 2014

Mike
Old 14-01-2014, 18:21

That'll hit the membership numbers!
Old 14-01-2014, 19:28

popular set of lakes, and a gorgeous stretch of river. another venue banished to syndication and profiteering .
Old 14-01-2014, 19:37

Sad but true, the reasons are clearly explained, so not that surprising, a club on the the very slippery slope to near oblivion, but still another year !
peter
Old 14-01-2014, 19:43

IMO it's simply a result of anglers "voting with their feet". On Somerley this season I never saw another soul away from the swims around the car parks at Lifelands, Ellingham, and Ibsley. The Hampshire Avon is now so hard for barbel that only a few locals and die hards are interested.

When I first joined Christchurch Angling Club there was a lengthy waiting list! It's been a long time since that was the case. Not so long ago I didn't bother travelling for barbel fishing. With the Avon and Stour on my doorstep there was no need. How many locals are there that don't fish other rivers now?

Other Avon fisheries are also suffering from lack of support, such as Hale Park. I also heard that Bisterne might be shutting their doors...
Old 15-01-2014, 05:35

I reckon they'll struggle to fill the syndicates, they'll want silly money to fish a stretch that is rapidly dying on its feet due to otter predation etc,
Old 15-01-2014, 08:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Phillips View Post
popular set of lakes, and a gorgeous stretch of river. another venue banished to syndication and profiteering .
Do you know what you are talking about?
Lao Tzu[/COLOR]
Old 15-01-2014, 10:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Phillips View Post

I don't know these waters and have never been a member of the club, it would seem from reading the link above that the fault lies with the club not the estate, how many club stretches have been lost through the club not adhering to their side of a contract?