• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

BFW fly fishing day?

Would be great to get a few more BFW members involved regardless of experience (help and advice will be on hand).

Farmoor is a great place to fish, and will be a fun day out and hopefully we'll catch a few and have a laugh.

Yes Paul bit disappointing. Regularly used to get more than 20 fishing the BFW fly days. Some might like to look at the old articles to see the great days had. Stopped a lot of the childish bickering too.

Not like Oxford is far from either midlands or south.

Graham

Last chance before Graham books.

Its on Saturday 12th April at Farmoor Res, just outside Oxford.

Steve and Cliff, we'll have to have a day there or elsewhere before the rivers open.

Paul

Great fun at Farmoor today and many thanks for organising it Graham. A few good fish even put in an appearance. And special thanks to Paul who had the misfortune of being my fly fishing mentor for the day. I had two fish. The first, Paul hooked and then, like a true gent, handed the rod to me for my first experience of playing a fish on a fly rod. The second came on my last cast (well, Paul cast and then yes, he handed me the rod again). This time I experienced the take as well as the fight. Brilliant stuff.

Excellent company and great fun. We really should try and do more of these BFW days.

Great fun at Farmoor today and many thanks for organising it Graham. A few good fish even put in an appearance. And special thanks to Paul who had the misfortune of being my fly fishing mentor for the day. I had two fish. The first, Paul hooked and then, like a true gent, handed the rod to me for my first experience of playing a fish on a fly rod. The second came on my last cast (well, Paul cast and then yes, he handed me the rod again). This time I experienced the take as well as the fight. Brilliant stuff.

Excellent company and great fun. We really should try and do more of these BFW days.

The pleasure was mine Howard and glad you enjoyed the experience. That was the highlight of my day when you had that savage take on your last cast. Hopefully you might be tempted back when the trout are in range. :)

Glad it went well chaps - thoroughly enjoyed the fluff-flinging days that Graham organised - happy memories - wish I could have joined you.
Would be great to see some BFW fish-ins next season - there's been some absolute classics over the years ;)
Any ideas welcome !

Hiya Mark.

Yes. Happy days with the Spirit of BFW.

Must get together sometime this coming season. R U Twyford Member still? If so see you there.

G

Hello Graham - hope you're well.
Yeah great memories of many BFW fish/drink ins ;) Must try and organise something next season.
Not a member of Twyford unfortunately but definitely be good to meet up sometime - I'll be in touch.

Thank you Nick. Or rather Coops.

It certainly seems to have been enjoyed by all. Yes im very proud of all the BFW event I have helped to organise over the years.

I suspect your time here should shortly be up though.

Graham

Back